All these things looked intact, and to a person who didn’t know that she had run away, at first glance it might seem that she was only absent for a while.

Suddenly, a question popped into his mind.

Even if she managed to fool the servants of the mansion, how could she trick Cain, who was the swordmaster?

How did she deceive even Cain’s eyes?

“Cain.”

“Yes…”

“Did you eat or drink anything with Juliet?”

“What?”

Startled by the sudden question, Cain didn’t understand the Duke’s inquiry and had no idea how to respond.

“I had a drink with her during the day…”

“You  took a potion.”

He laughed loudly.

Lennox couldn’t help but laugh when he saw the amused look on his proud subordinate’s face.

Among the guards assigned to Juliet, he was the only swordmaster.

And Juliet’s abilities didn’t work on swordmasters or high priests.

For this reason, she gave medicine to someone on whom she couldn’t use her butterfly. A correctly calculated dose of this drug helped her pass this barrier.

Besides, the escort assigned to her was only to ensure her safety, not to prevent her from escaping.

Moreover, the stoic Cain wasn’t the type to accept and drink a beverage handed to him.

“This is unacceptable. Such a mistake…”

Cain, who understood the entire situation, shook his head.

However, Lennox’s anger was directed solely at one person.

“You planned this very carefully.”

A sly smirk slipped through the cracks of his dark expression.

He wasn’t curious about why Juliet was engaging in such actions anymore.

He couldn’t even begin to guess when or where she had planned it.

From buying silphium silently to skillfully manipulating the butterfly, she had hidden everything, fueling his anger.

No one dared to lift their heads in the face of Duke Carlyle’s icy wrath.

Elliot, who was anxiously observing his master’s complexion, cautiously spoke up.

“Shall I contact the Capital Guard?”

“No.”

It would be futile.

Just as Juliet knew him well, Lennox Carlyle also knew Juliet Monad.

If she set her mind to it, she could easily disappear without a trace.

What’s more, today is New Year’s Day, so the search will not be easy due to the crowds of people outside who have gathered to watch the fireworks.

Juliet seems to have been planning this escape play for a very long time. She must have timed it very carefully.

Departure from the North to the capital to attend the New Year’s banquet, this is an ideal time, because during this period a large number of people gather in the city to watch the celebration.

However, she was still in the capital. He was certain of it.

In such a chaotic time, it was good to hide one person, but there were limited means to secretly escape outside.