Not once did Juliet ask for what he couldn’t give.

It was like that until today.

However, it was dangerous to leave the North at this time…

“Please break up with me.”

You dare to leave?

Lennox was offended, though he didn’t know exactly what caused it.

Like a man indifferent to others and his own feelings, he wasn’t interested in why he was angry.

But he thought he needed to know why Juliet had suddenly changed and acted like a child.

“And why is that?”

“Do I have to explain?”

“Juliet.”

“You promised. You said you would listen to anything.”

“Now answer me.”

Lennox couldn’t stand it any longer and grabbed Juliet’s arm. But then.

Knock, knock.

“Your Highness, this is Elliot.”

A light knock interrupted the two.

“Excuse me, but a guest is waiting for you downstairs.”

It was Elliot, the Duke’s secretary, who knocked on the bedroom door. And Juliet, catching Lennox’s distraction quickly escaped his grip.

When Lennox turned his head again, she was standing away from him.

Like a mischievous child, Juliet stepped back and smiled at him with her hands behind her back.

“You.”

“You have to go. The guest is waiting for you.”

Lennox glared at her coldly, but only for a moment.

It’s been a long time since he left the northern territory and visited the capital, so there was a mountain of work to deal with. He was going to be busy all day.

Finally, Lennox spoke reluctantly.

“…In the afternoon, we’ll talk again.”

“Yes, later.”

Juliet saw off the Duke with a smile on her face until the end.

Click.

But the very moment after the Duke left the bedroom and the door closed with a sound, the smile disappeared without a trace and Juliet sat down on the spot as if collapsing.

“…It’s okay, it’s all okay. You did well.”

Left alone, Juliet buried her pale face in her hands and whispered to herself.

Her fingertips were trembling slightly from being so nervous. Tears welled up at the tips of her eyelashes and glistened dangerously. But she now didn’t have the luxury of even indulging in her sentiments.

Taking a deep breath, Juliet ran straight to the dressing room without waiting for the maid.

* * *

Elliott, the Duke’s secretary, was returning from seeing off a guest and bumped into Juliet coming out of the main building of the mansion.

Dressed in a neat dress for a walk, Juliet was about to get into the Duke’s carriage.

‘At this early hour?’

“Are you going out, Miss?”

“Yes, I’m going to the temple. I’ll also wish Elliott good luck in the new year.”