88

Orian's pov

                      A groan passed my lips as I bent over a seat to rest on it. My hand instinctively went to my face cradling my dressed wound which had begun to ache immediately after I sat.

We had started the preparations for the festival and my gaze went to where Amara stood with the rest of the team as she discussed with them with her hands tucked in her pockets and her loose ponytail falling down her back.

I didn't have the chance to fix it properly after our raunchy explorations in the library moments ago and just then she looked behind her, her green eyes meeting mine and cheeks reddening, no doubt she had remembered exactly the scenes I was replaying in my head with her back pressed against the shelves and legs hooked around my waist while I drove into her warm heat.

I swallowed shaking my head and willing the thoughts away before I got a hard-on in public which would lead to me stealing her away again despite the ache in my wound and the many things we had to tidy up.

Things have been peaceful since we mated, my mind free of thoughts since I had told her all about me but I couldn't quite help wondering if she saw me in a different light and wondered if she still loved me.

I closed my eyes taking in a deep breath, love that I wasn't worthy of and didn't think I was worthy of no matter how many times she whispered it to me and showed it through her actions.

I haven't thought about love other than not believing in it but to have this magnificent woman tell me that she loves me and that she would wait no matter how long it took for me to love her.

Love?

I bent my head over and took in another deep breath as a pain struck me in my back from my older wounds opening up and I was reminded once again about the curse. Despite the other leaders being dead, I still had to pay for giving her up before even having her with the oath binding me.

would her love for me withstand all these?

Would she stay if she knew I gave her up a long time ago for an oath? And even if she did, would I be able to give her back the love she solely deserves?

I already do everything in my power to keep her happy, my heart races whenever she's near. I always want to have her in my arms and even with her being a few paces away, not being in my hold causes a deep ache within me.

"What are you thinking about?" Nexus slid into the seat next to mine chewing loudly on nuts and I cringed in irritation.

"Get away from me."

"No, how else do I annoy you with my loud chewing?" He asked staring me in the eyes and throwing some nuts in his mouth before grinding loudly on them, "You look pissed Orian."

"I would get a hold of your neck and wring the life out of you," I growled threatening towards his direction.

"Same thing Lycus is going to do to you when you finally reveal yourself." He gave me a wide smile and I reached out to strike him in the face but he dodged and struck me instead right where my wound was.

"Ow!" I groaned clutching to my face and bending over.

"He's fine!" I heard him shout and guessed that Amara must have felt my pain and looked back in worry and I mind-linked her assuring her that I was fine too.

"You are going to pay for that!" I raised my head gritting my teeth.

"You can't d-" I reached my hand out smacking his bowl of nuts and watching with glee as they fell rolling into the sand, "You little bitch!"