69

Hope you all are doing well?

Took a break from studying to post this❤️

Orian's pov

My wife's name and the word surprises should be synonymous. From following me around and trusting me when we first met to popping out of old cupboards and ruining my foster mother's stuff with the debris of the broken things around her, a bloody nose, and snacks in her lap.

It would have been a comical sight if Penelope, my foster mother wasn't there and if I wasn't currently fussing around Amara trying to heal her wounds as panic coursed through me on seeing her injuries. I prayed for the wounds to heal knowing my powers were diminishing and I was getting weaker by the day because of reasons known to me alone that I haven't shared with anyone.

Luckily, it worked and I rose to my feet after healing the last bruise on her knee.

"Hi." She giggled looking up at me with those huge green eyes and waving at like she didn't just pop out of a cupboard disastrously, "Hope I didn't intrude on anything important, grump?" She whispered, her eyes wandering, looking between me and a still perplexed Penelope.

"How? Wh- wh- how?!" I bent over, whispering in her ear as she waved shyly to Penelope who also returned it with a small unsure wave, "How did you get here?!" I finally found my words trying to quell my shock.

"Do you believe in miracles?" She looked up at me and I scrunched my brows at her.

"Yes, you are one." I grinned reading up and hand to stroke her cheek, my finger traced the pattern of her blush as she went red from my touch.

"Good." Her head moved in a nod, "I got here by a miracle."

"Are you s-"

"Can someone fill me in on what's happening?" Penelope asked cutting my sentence short and grabbing my attention.

I put my arm around Amara's waist and drew her closer to me watching my foster mother's eyes widen and a small grin on her lips, "Amara, this is my adoptive mother, Penelope."

"Ma'am this is-"

"I am Amara." She wiggled free from my grasp and immediately sprang forward with her hand outstretched to the woman she had only just met, "Orian's wife, soulmate and uhm-he said I was a miracle just now. We met in an alley one night while I was lost and he was doing something immoral. That's not important tho, though he kinda kidnapped me and brought me here I love it here but I miss my family. Do you have a family? Orian makes me food, knits for me and combs my hair. Sometimes, it gets really windy here in your world, other times sunny and even cloudy. Sometimes, he massages my feet and makes me read to him. We are very happy together even if he's a grump and-"

"Nice to meet you, my dear. I am Penelope." She took her hand cutting Amara's blabber and I just stood there red faced reminiscing her words, "You are very beautiful and destructive I presume." Her gaze was directed at the mess on the floor.

"I am so sorry Penny, can I call you that? It's a nice name and if you were to open a brand of clothes, it'd be pence? Penny's outfits? Penny's Jenny's? I am sorry for destroying your stuff. You have a very nice kitchen and great snacks too!"

I tried to hide my laughter from their interaction knowing that Amara was going to continue blabbing if she wasn't stopped because she was nervous.

"It's nice to meet you Amara, and I am glad that you have a wonderful opinion about my kitchen and snacks." She stood up from the seat and gave Amara a brief welcoming hug before pulling away, "I will go to the kitchen and make something for us three, you can catch up back here with Orian and discuss this." Her eyes traveled over the mess Amara had made while her hand moved gesturing at it and I saw my wife grow red with embarrassment.