28

Warning ⚠️ SA, Abuse, Violence.....

Amara's pov

Growing up as a future ruler, you are made to learn a lot of values and one of them was never to make decisions out of spite.

I broke it and now my life might be doomed.

Not might, it is actually doomed and there was no way I could undo it.

I stood still before the mirror nodding at my blushing chattering maids as they exited my room to give me some privacy before I am called out.

They seemed so excited for me thinking that the thing between Terren and I was a match made in heaven and absolutely nothing can tear us apart.

And I fought the urge to scream at them that they were wrong and I didn't want this but explaining how I had given my consent numerously to this union while I never wanted it was going to make me look moronic.

I gazed regarded my reflection in the mirror.

My blonde hair fell loosely, flowing down my shoulders and the rose to be stuck in it was currently being twirled between my fingers.

My makeup was done, my lips coated in deep red lipstick and I tried as much as possible to blink back the tears that threatened to surface.

I didn't want to ruin the work of my artist, it will be a shame if I have to sit through that process again.

I had on a corseted red blouse that accentuated the top of my bosom and curved at the sides showing little skin right above my waist and a simple white minimal satin skirt was paired with it.

It was the cutest outfit ever, one I had ogled at on my phone in awe awaiting the day I would finally wear it and I had even showed it to Orian but I didn't feel cute in it today.

I felt stupid like Cora would say.

I had betrayed myself and my wolf.

I felt like I had ruined my life because of a spiteful decision and I threw away all the chances to rectify everything.

And my final decision wasn't out of duty as I always maintained it to be. This time it was out of anger and fury. It was out of spite and sweet old revenge like it would ever have an impact on him, not like he cared.

I truly am stupid and for once I wasn't able to give benefit of doubt to a situation but I did see a silver lining and a way to make myself happy.

He never came to see me off and I stalled the journey waiting till the next day.

There was no sign of Orian or a call, not even a text.

I came back home and the next thing was to call thinking that something had happened to him but his lines suddenly didn't exist anymore.

I waited coming up with excuses in my head and trying not to cry till I had a dream about him and I woke up crying.

The minutes, hours, and days passed. Preparations for my birthday were at it's peak and more discussions on the alliance came forth. Before each meeting, my parents pulled me aside to ask if I wanted out and I said no.

Any time they asked, I made it seem very convincing that Terren and I were happy together and I shared a soul bond with him.

Rose warned me and so did Cora.

I knew Rose wasn't going to rat me out even at gunpoint but she wanted me to come clean with the truth claiming that everything will be solved.

I'd consider coming clean and letting my soul out to my parents but I figured it'd make me feel stupid.