41

Hope you all are doing well my loves?❤️good night and sleep tight ❤️💋

Orian's pov

                     I lay on the grass with a pained sigh as a mild ache spread throughout the unhealed wounds on my back, years of unhealed wounds and scars.

My arms were tucked behind my head, and I looked up at the skies, squinting at the rays that filtered through my lashes. I felt super grateful for the stop we had to make before the final lap of the journey and laying here on the grass a bit far away from the troop was a means of distraction from how Amara had betrayed me.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths trying to calm myself down and forbidding the images of her and Eric from my mind.

"Hey, grump." Her voice resonated to my hearing and I felt nervous as always pursing my lips so as not to say the wrong things when she spoke to me. I didn't have to open my eyes to see her. Her scent was all I could sense as I felt her looming over me and no doubt with a grin on her face.

I opened my eyes feeling the tiny tingling  in my heart as I beheld her big green eyes and I was right, there was a grin on her face as always.

She had her hands placed on her hips, her braided ponytail was thrown over her shoulder, I do not remember her braiding it earlier today,  and her angled head looking down at me had her front hair that couldn't be contained in the braid falling over her face.

Heavens! She is breathtaking and her beauty is like an overdose of dopamine that I craved uncontrollably. I do not deserve the privilege to gaze upon her.

"Go away." please stay, don't go back to Eric.

"No." Her grin widened showcasing her pearly white teeth and perfect dentition that I envied, "I think I want to stay with my husband, he looks sad and needs a hug."

The way she said husband awakened a sense of primal pride in me and I felt the weird sensation of butterflies growing in my belly.

"Can I join you, grump?"

"No." yes, please.

She ignored my negative answer and dropped on the ground next to me. I was glad she did.

She didn't lay next to me as expected. Instead, my little wife threw herself over me and it felt like the world stopped for a moment.

The sparks flew, erupting all over my skin as she merged her torso with mine laying her head on my chest and her hair brushed my chin. The butterflies in my belly had an outrageous outburst when she wrapped an arm around my torso and the other one came above my upper lip, her fingers, the one that had my ring on it was poked out tracing the growing moustache, the pad of the finger trailing lazy patterns.

If she likes it, I'd keep it.

If she wanted me to grow a fucking beard, I would, as long as it kept her from spending Time with other men. I couldn't imagine them feeling how I felt toward her, they would want to take her for themselves and own her too. If that ever happened, I wouldn't stand a chance.

                   We were behind where the trees were more populated unlike the wide expanse of land where the army rested. No one could see us unless they walked up to our spot.

"Bored with my soldiers already?" My tone was bitter as I remembered how she leaned against Eric like they were married.

"They are nice, unlike you."

"Go back to them then." No, don't.

"At least they aren't going to kill me like you intend to." She moved the arm she had around me and grazed her fingers ever so slightly against my back, "And I think they like me."