77

P:S double update today😌a good way to start😁

Amara's pov

                     I awoke with a heavier mind than I had gone to bed with, the treachery of my actions the day before tearing at my heart as the memories reeled in my head like my mind was reminding me about what I had done and how I had gone about it.

Are you going to tell him? Cora was awake too, bugging me with questions we couldn't find answers to but she relied on me for answers as I had allowed us both to be snared in the webs of uncertainty having to put myself and her in a position where we had to choose between our mate and a few hours of scandalous liberation but in the end, I made my choice and I chose the later knowing how well Orian would be broken if he was ever to find out.

I had my reasons, reasons I hope he would understand when the truth of my actions came to light but for now, I had to protect him from what I had done and let him bask in the sweetness of not knowing.

I turned over to reach my hand out for him, self disgust filling me knowing how repulsed he would be if he knew what these hands had done but I reached out anyway, seeking the warmth of his skin against my palm and pushing my guilt aside but I was met with the soft fabrics of the sheets. I ran my palm over them, feeling how cold his space was indicating that no one had lain on it for quite some time.

Do you think he knows? Cora asked with panic lacing her voice as I sprang from the bed unable to keep my worry aside.

I rushed out of the room and was prepared to race down the stairs when a red balloon flying by the tall windows in the hallway caught my attention.

I turned towards it instead, changing my path, and as I reached the window, another passed by, it was blue this time. My gaze was on the window, my eyes trailing another which was of the color purple floating by with an inscription on it reading 'Good morning, my queen'

I couldn't help my heart swelling at the moment as I placed my hands on the glass leaning forward to see another balloon pass describing how much he loved my smile I couldn't hide my grin as several balloons popped up floating in sight with some plain with the prettiest of colors while the others had endearments.

'moy malen'kiy lunnyy svet.' My little moonlight.

'Malyshka.'

'I am the luckiest man alive to have you.'

'I will always be your grump.'

'You will always be my sunshine.'

'You are the most beautiful being I have seen.'

'You are the best, Amara, and you too, Cora.'

'Your presence lights me up'

'Daddy's girl.'

I blushed reading that, bending my head slightly as my cheeks flamed up in embarrassment and then I returned my attention to the rest balloons while reading the words, Others had hearts drawn around them with my name scribbled on them while some had smiley faces with heart eyes.

As I looked at them, I wriggled my toes in excitement at his open affection for me and I couldn't keep myself from racing down the stairs to meet him outside.

I ran through the open front door, my bare feet feeling up the soft grass as I made my way to him, "Grump!" I called out excitedly with my hands outstretched and he turned to me with a wide-eyed look taken aback at how fast I was speeding towards him.

He had a bunch of balloons in his hands and some were on the floor laying around him. He was clad in a black wife beater with his unholy tattooed arms exposed to my delight and I could make out the forms of his abs from the way the fabric cling to his torso.