Chapter 42

Featured photo: mashup of a hi 5 song and memey audio
-
Karen's POV
Since that live, I stopped caring about my grades. I just rushed through my homework so I could practice more of my dance and singing. I want even more praises and I don't give a f*k about eating anymore. I should only drink honey lemon from now on.

For the next week, my schedule was simple. Wake up, practice singing, practice dancing, then both, then go to work, go home, repeat and sleep on the floor. After all, my parents don't give a f*k about my well-being. They think I'm just listening to music,singing and studying at the same time. I know my A Levels are coming but my futures been kind of decided by now. I'm actually going to be a serious live action actor. Period.

If I don't end up becoming more popular, I'm going to neglect my prelims and A levels. My grades aren't that important to me anymore, my popularity is.
Lia's POV
Karen has changed for the worse. She still cooks for us, but she isn't eating her share anymore. Instead, she disappears to the dance studio for I have no idea what. She's been stumbling around and she has very obvious eye bags. Besides, all I see her consume is honey lemon and water. She's even distancing from us and I have no idea why.

The day before our third tour show, I ran up to Karen and asked, "Karen, are you sure you're ok?"

"What do you mean??" She snapped back.

"You aren't behaving like yourself anymore."

"I don't need to behave like myself. I just want people to notice me." She let go of my hand and retreated to the dance studio.

What happened to her? She was nothing like this when Amaze started. Tears welled up in my eyes as I reminisced over one of our final happy days as a band.*
Flashback
May 2023
"I'm done dicing the vegetables," Crystal said cheerfully.

"Great. Give them to me," I replied. I threw it into the pancake mixture Karen had made. Meanwhile, Karen disappeared to get a frying pan and cooking oil.

After mixing the mixture, I passed the bowl to Karen as she cautiously poured the pancake mix into the pan

After mixing the mixture, I passed the bowl to Karen as she cautiously poured the pancake mix into the pan. Turning on the fire, Karen was focused on flipping the okonimiyaki. She stared at the pan intently and sometimes tiptoed to see if one side of the pancake was cooked, all while mumbling, "I wish I was taller." When one side did, she silently punched her fist in the air before flipping the side over. This went on until she guaranteed the pancake was cooked.