Chapter 28

Featured photo: Word Play Series ?? Episode ??
-
Ms Alicia's POV
Hello readers, as you know me by now, I'm the dance coach for Amaze. And whatever Crystal said last chapter is correct.* I was her dance coach between her second grade and fifth grade (better known as Primary 2 and Primary 5 in Singapore)

However, as you know, she has successfully described me as a gaslighting b*tch back then. And after she left, I have came to realise how much of a gaslighting b*tch I was to the point I lost not one but two students. Crystal was one of them.

After that, I was heartbroken by the damage of my actions and decided to seek change

After that, I was heartbroken by the damage of my actions and decided to seek change. The chance for me to change was nearby, so not all hope was lost. My previous boss approached me after the incident, offering me a chance to teach at Merlion Agency, which everyone knows it's a pro agency with idols. I hesitated, not knowing whether I would make the same mistakes again like at Starlight School. However, she was nice enough to reassure me that the environment in Merlion Agency would help me change enough to be a better coach.

Convinced by her, I made that change and in a few months, I was out of Starlight School.

Things were initially like how they were at Starlight. However, unintentionally making an idol quit made me realise my toxic teaching ways wouldn't get me anywhere and I stopped for a while... choosing to sit in dance classes to observe how they teach. I eventually realised what was really in a good dance coach was sincerity.

Since then, I didn't use sarcasm as much as I used to and meant what I said. I also learnt to be genuinely kind and concerned rather than do it for the pay.

That's how idols were willing to stick to me eventually and how I made an impact. My main focus is Amaze now, but I still negotiate with their new coaches to see my idols' progress.
-
It was just another day at Amaze dance lessons. I was doing the stuff I usually did, and today that was just going through the series 1 songs while pointing out each of their blind spots. However, I noticed something was off about Crystal today.

It appeared like something was on her mind. The teenage her was a lot more serious in dance classes, didn't make useless remarks and and didn't make many mistakes unless it was a genuine slip up or a tough move. She was serious and didn't make useless remarks but for some reason she's not smiling and making too many mistakes.