Chapter 9

Featured photo: Hi 5 series 13 episode 15 (one of my favourite episodes in Hi5), Puzzles and Patterns
-
No one's POV
This is the final round of the auditions. Auditionees would be spilt into two different groups based on the members' skill sets and chemistry. They would be given ten minutes to learn the dance to a Hi-5 song. After that, the groups would have to go up onto the stage to have the three judges evaluate them, all of which are ex-Hi-5 members. They would give on-the-spot feedback about said dance. The finalised members is the group who did their group dance better.
Crystal's POV
When I rushed to the room, I was met with mainly unfamiliar faces. Yet, two familiar faces stood out to me. Iris and Lia.

Who is Iris, May you ask? She's my schoolmate who I got to know during a special dance programme well known as the National Day Parade (NDP) finale. She has been my mentor for the most part.

Alright, enough blabbering. Let's get back to the main story.

Where was I? ...yeah right, the part about Iris and Lia. To avoid looking suspicious to the room, I briefly made eye contact with a poker face and sat down. A supervisor entered the room shortly after I settled down, who congratulated us for making it this far. He then briefed us on what to expect, before reading out five names. My name wasn't read out though.

Later on, I figured they did this because they were in Group 1 and we were in Group 2. After the supervisor left, a slim tall lady came in and introduced herself as a senior choreographer in Merlion Agency, encouraging us to get in our feet and make the most out of the 10 minutes.

10 minutes of teaching and self practice later, the supervisor approached our room to remind us that our time was up and it was time to go to the audition stage. We followed behind closely without a sound and gosh... I could really sense the tension along the corridor.
Backstage
Backstage, the first group has taken to the stage. "Group 1... what has your coach chosen for you to dance to?" A familiar husky voice echoed with a microphone. Nathan—?!

"Ready or Not," Iris replied confidently.

After a period of silence, a bubbly, cheerful voice screamed, "Anytime you're ready, Group 1!" Fely!

(Group 1's group audition song)

The five new voices overpowered the ones I was so used to hearing. Their moves were even sharper than all Hi-5 members I thought this was an audition to Amaze the K-Pop group. Group 1 was dazzling. Even Iris danced better than at NDP practice.

Naturally, all of us in Group 2 were overwhelmed by their sparkle. None of us said a word, we just watched in silence. From the first to the last second, all our eyes were on them, from the stage wing.