Chapter 35: Meet and Greet aftermath

Featured photo: So Many Animals (Series 2)
-
Ethan's POV
I'd say it was just a normal morning in the Lim household. My sister was insistent on toast with blueberry jam and Milo that day so I was making just that for her. All of a sudden, my father boomed in shock, "Ethan, is that the group you're working for?"

"Amaze?" I asked in confusion, while gingerly placing the toasted bread on the plate. "Yes, I'm still working for that group. Why?"

"I can't believe this. A member in your group has just harassed a fan. Are you sure you still want to work for the group?"

"Yes. But why?"

"You know, young man, Amaze does have a toxic work environment that could defeat your intentions of finding the path that's suited for you. I know it's just one member that started all the chaos but I saw on Facebook footage of a member throwing a chair at not one but two of the members. Were you there?"

I closed back the jam cover and looked at him

I closed back the jam cover and looked at him. "Yes, I was there. I was trying to stop that Alex from throwing the chair at anyone else but when I stopped him, he threw it at Mike."

"Did Crystal involve herself in the drama? She's your good friend from primary school, I just want to make sure she remains a positive influence to you even as a teenager."

"No. She was trying to stop the drama too."

"Phew... that's a relief. Sir, I want you to be extra careful from now on. Keep both mum and I posted about your understudy happenings. We need to know. If needed, we will have to transfer you to another media project if any more incidents like this happen again."

"Got it." I then continued preparing breakfast for my little sister Sierra.
Later that day
When I reported to work at noon, I was surprised there was no announcement of a hiatus. Crystal explained to me that it has been made clear it had been a genuine mistake on Mike's part, as he did so as he felt left out for having a shorter queue for autographs, photos and the like.

However, he had to write a reflection and post it online on his Instagram account. He also had to publish an apology video and send the same video to Ms Jane's number.
Crystal's POV
Later in the day, in filming
"And clear!" My cameraman screamed. I relaxed from the modelling poses I had to do for Sharing Stories. It so happened we were doing a story that covered eating disorders in a kid-friendly way, showing that one need not work too hard to be of a certain image as some images can harm our bodies. 

After putting my glasses back on, my phone rang from a distance. As always, I rushed up to my phone, curious to see what my fans had to say or if an editor edited me.

The first notification that popped up for me was:

YouTube
Crystal | Backstabber edit
Xxgalaticfanxx