Chapter 41

Featured photo: Hi 5 Singapore Special
-
Ethan's POV
Finally, the second show is here! This time, we will be having the show at Seletar Mall. I haven't been to Seletar much. Maybe only for my parents' 15th wedding anniversary earlier this year because they wanted to be unconventional in dating. But that's all.

Once school was dismissed, I bade my best friend farewell and joined Crystal and Ria in waiting for Manager Jeanne's car. A few minutes later, Manager Jeanne's 7-seater pulled in and we carried our six bags* into the car.

Once we got to the location, we were first gathered for lunch, which was McDonald's once again. Why McDonald's out of all outlets, I wonder...? Can't they be humble and get us chicken rice from the food court? Nonetheless, I took my share and ate it, chatting with the rest of Amaze along the way.

After lunch, it was break time. Crystal and Karen just sat at a corner studying together. Alex was guiding Crystal with her revision. Meanwhile, Lia, Mike, Manager Jeanne, Ria and I were playing UNO and poker cards. For a moment, I thought we were spilt into two groups—the studious and the fun-loving.

30 minutes later, the staff of the mall called all of us to change into our costumes for a dry run. I immediately picked up my NDP costume and so did Ria. On the other hand, Amaze wore their tour costumes. After we got back in our costumes, the emcee introduced the first item and Crystal went onstage, performing her songlet.

All the items came and went in a flash. Soon enough, it was time for my item—the finale! Ria, Crystal and I got ready backstage and we waited patiently for our cue. We went onstage, and performed our item with confidence. At the end of it all, we heard applause from nowhere.

As we looked around, we saw the cheers of all the mall-goers. Some of them went there personally to watch the incomplete tour as a preview. And why incomplete, May you ask? Iris has dance practice on Fridays and despite much begging, she wasn't allowed to skip practice for this show as the actual NDP mattered since she was in the dance club. And all dance club members must be a part of the NDP and NDP is first in their dance activities. Long story short, she just can't make it for the dry runs.

I was initially stunned by the overwhelming applause everyone was giving me. However, Crystal seemed fine with it even though she's more introverted than I was. In fact, she was waving around and blowing kisses to the audience! Then again, she has been doing this for two years* so she would be more familiar than I was. I only copied her actions so people wouldn't get mad at me.

When we got back, it was time to put on makeup and contacts for me and Crystal.** Firstly, Crystal and I kept our everyday glasses in our glasses case and took out our contacts. After wearing them, we waited in line for our makeup to be done. Lia entertained us while the makeup  artists were busy with Mike and Karen's makeup, asking me whether I had wore contacts and makeup before. Separately, that is.

After we put on our makeup, we had free time to do whatever we wanted

After we put on our makeup, we had free time to do whatever we wanted. I managed to convince Crystal not to study all the time and  instead try her hand at poker and UNO. She reluctantly agreed as I taught her the basics of poker. Initially, she looked bored but as she got the hang of things, she looked more and more absorbed into the game. This was more so for UNO, as she already had prior experience with that game.