18

I wake from my nap and get into the shower; I want to be fresh for dinner tonight, I want my family to like Lan Zhan and I want to make a good impression. I get ready and come down to see Xichen and another gentleman already seated in the living room.

I smile "Xichen, I'm glad to see you here, are you going to be joining us for dinner with my siblings?"

He smiles softly "Hello Xian, yes Wangji thought it would be a good idea for our families to meet and get to know each other. This is Mr. Han I asked him to join us after Wangji told me about the contracts your family has signed with Wey Corporation. He is the Lan corporate lawyer and he will be able to look over the contracts and see if anything can be done. He is the best corporate lawyer in China so if there is any way to void the contracts he will be able to find it."

I bow to the man "Thank you for coming and trying to help my family with this situation."

I turn and bow to Xichen "Thank you Xichen ge for bringing him so that he can try and help, it means a lot to me."

He smiles as he stands and tries to stop me from bowing "We are family Xian, Lans always help their own."

I smile and excuse myself to go to the kitchen where I find Lan Zhan pulling out the plates and cutlery to set the table. I walk up behind him and hug him laying my head on his back.

"Thank you for calling Xichen ge and getting him to bring Mr. Han, I really want to help my siblings and I appreciate you taking this seriously and wanting to help them."

He turns and wraps his arms around my waist and kisses my nose "We Lans take care of our own love, they are our family now and we will do everything in our power to help them. Don't worry everything will work out to our advantage I promise."

I smile at him and raise up to kiss his lips "I know it will but I still wanted to thank you and let you know how much it means to me that you want to help."

He grins and hands me the cutlery "Here help me set the table before they get here."

I nod and we take everything to the table, set each place properly and grab drinks to put on the table for everyone to choose from.

The doorbell sounds and I smile "I'll get it."

I open the door and a young man with a silver cabinet smiles "Hi I'm from the caterer's and I'm here to deliver the food for you, this is the Lan residence right?"

I smile and step back "Yes please come in, right this way."

I show him to the kitchen, and he sets out all of the food, then places everything into their proper dishes and puts everything on the table before leaving. I look at all of the food and everything looks amazing and smells divine.

As he is leaving my brother Ning and my sister Qing come to the door.

I grin at them "Hey guys come in." I say as I hug them.

I walk them to the living room and introduce them to my new family "Wey Ning Chen and Wey Qing Chen this is my husband Lan Wangji and my brother-in-law Lan Xichen. The other gentleman is their corporate lawyer Mr. Han"

Everyone bows and shakes hands and the door sounds again "I'll get it"

I walk to the door and it's Xing "Hi Xing ge come in, Ning ge and Qing jie are already here."

We hug and I take him into the living room and do the same introductions. Everyone says their hellos and the doorbell sounds again "That must be Da ge I'll go get him."

I walk to the door and open it "What are you doing here, you weren't invited!" I say angrily.

Lan Zhan walks up behind me and hears "Well this is a family gathering isn't it, aren't we family?" My Uncle smirks at me.