16

Wey Ying's POV

We wake up and have spicy congee and hot tea, we get ready and head to Lan Technologies. 'I'm so excited to see Lan Tech and the research department, they are supposed to be one of the top technology research facilities in the world. I can't wait to see what they are working on and what innovations they are coming up with.'

Lan Zhan pulls into the underground parking facility and parks in a spot designated for him. He looks over at me and smiles "Are you ready Wey Ying?"

I nod enthusiastically "Yes, I've been dying to see the research department here. I love tinkering and inventing things and you have one of the best research and development departments in the world of technology."

He grabs my hand and kisses my knuckles "Then let's go play in the tech research department, come on."

We get out and walk to the elevator, he inserts a key card, then does a retinal scan, a fingerprint scan and lastly a voice ID with a specific phrase in a language I've never heard before. He hits an unmarked button and the elevator goes down instead of up.

He looks over at me and grins "We have the best tech research because it's the most secure, no espionage so no information leaks."

I smile completely impressed "What language is that you spoke?"

"It's the Lan Clan's language from two thousand years ago." He smirks.

My mouth drops open "You can speak a language from two thousand years ago?"

He nods "Yes"

I grin "Can you say something else in that language for me?"

He says something and it sounds like sweet bells tinkling, the sound is so pleasant to hear and it makes me smile. "I could listen to you speak like that all day, it's so pleasant to hear like sweet birds chirping or soft bells tinkling. I love the sound, will you teach me sometime Lan Zhan?"

He smiles "Yes I would love to teach it to you."

The elevator stops after a few minutes and we exit to a hallway, it goes in three different directions, left, right and directly in front of us.

Lan Zhan looks at me "Wey Ying before we do a tour will you allow the tests to be run so that once we begin our tour we won't have to stop?"

I nod and gulp nervously "Yes that's fine, there won't be any needles involved will there?"

He chuckles "No, no needles I promise."

I smile "Alright then."

We take the hall directly before us and as we walk down the hallway, I see several rooms with technicians doing different things. Some are working on computers others are doing things at tables. We walk past five rooms on each side until we get to a roundabout area at the end of the hall, there are multiple ways to go and we take one of them which leads directly into a large room filled with techs and researchers as well as lots of computers and walls filled with doors of different sized like small cubbies with doors.

Xichen sees us and smiles "Welcome to the Lan Tech research facility Wey Xian, I'm so glad you decided to join us for a tour today."

I grin "Thanks for having me, it's nice to see you again Mr. Lan."

He chuckles "You can call me Xichen ge since we are now family remember?"

I blush "Oh yeah, I keep forgetting, it's still so new."

Lan Zhan leans over and whispers "You didn't forget when you confronted Xu Lu last night baobei."

I blush harder "Shush Lan Zhan."