48

Lan Zhan's POV cont.

Yang tilts his head quizzically "What do you mean he is the reason?"

Lan Xin smiles "He is the one who talked Hanguang Jun into pursuing immortality even though he knew he would not be able to join him. His previous body didn't have a strong enough core to cultivate it to immortality. He spoke to Hanguang Jun at great length and finally talked him into gaining his immortality which in turn prompted Zewu Jun to gain his. Once they gained immortality, they helped the rest of us who wanted it to gain our own immortality. Without Zewu Jun and Hanguang Jun, our Twin Jades leading us, we wouldn't have been able to keep the Lan Clan and its knowledge and traditions alive. Without them, our clan would have eventually ceased to be."

Yang turns to me "What made you agree to gain your immortality? Was it just my didi talking you into it or was there more?"

I smile "It also helped that his maternal grandmother who is the oldest known immortal told me that he would come back to me and he would have those around him from his life then in this life now. I knew I would have another chance at a life with him. I didn't know I would be blessed with him being able to gain his immortality in this life or be able to bear my children."

I turn to look at Lan Xin "Have you found out why his energy is depleting so quickly?"

He shakes his head sadly "No Hanguang Jun, I have been looking through medical journals, and scrolls throughout the ages and so far I haven't been able to find the reason. He is very rare, the fact that he has a core and has the ability to bear children is almost unheard of. Men being able to conceive is still a fairly new step in the evolution of our species. There is a lot of information now about men having babies but not in combination with a golden core. So few people now can cultivate a core that it in itself is a rarity but add in conception and well." He trails off.

I sigh and nod "Keep searching maybe the answer will present itself at some point and we can work to reverse it. Keep me informed and let me know if there are any significant changes in his health."

The healer bows "Yes Hanguang Jun, I will keep looking, don't forget to bring him tomorrow for his five week checkup. I want to see him weekly until his energy stabilizes. I'm not sure how these fluctuations will affect the baby he is carrying, I would prefer to err on the side of caution at this critical time in his pregnancy."

I nod and walk out of the office with Yang in tow, I can see him thinking "What's on your mind brother-in-law?"

He snaps his head up and then hums "Hm I was just thinking about AXian's energy issue, can it really harm the baby?"

I shrug "We don't know, as of now we are in fairly unchartered waters, like the healer said he is rare. All I can do right now is continue to feed him my energy so that his own doesn't get too low."

Yang looks at me "You can share your energy with him?"

I hum "Mn, it is something we have always been able to do when he is injured."

Yang grabs the back of his neck "Is there anyone else that can share energy with him? I mean is that something that can be done to help him keep his energy up?"

I sigh "My brother can share energy with him, but it can be an intimate thing between two people and it would be awkward for them to share energy. The only other who could share with him would be his grandmother Baoshan Sanren. He is of her bloodline, most people think her bloodline died out when Wey Ying died in his first life but she had other children besides Cangse Sanren. It was many years after they both died that she found another partner and conceived and birthed three other children. One of those is Wey Ying's great times several generations grandfather. You are all of her blood actually, your mother and his mother are of her blood so are your Aunt Rini and Zhuo. I'm not sure if any of her other children are still alive or any of their offspring, so I'm not including them in those who can share energy with Wey Ying."