42

[Felix]

My chest went up and down and my breaths were short. She looked at me but she was in so much pain.

"Felix," She muttered.

"Baby, control your breath, I'm here with you. Don't wake up," I heard Hyunjin's voice in my head. "You can do it."

"Felix, I didn't say 'I love you' to him yet," Iris spoke with her last energy and life left in her.

"I will make sure he heard it. My Hyunjin will say it to him, he will let him know. He will let him know that you love him as much as he did, even more. You're more than the world for him. You're his love, only love. He is so proud of you. Breathe, breathe for me please," I kneeled and held her bloody hand. 

The scenery was too exact as my first dreams. I couldn't believe I went so far just to get back here again. I wanted to ask why she didn't call me earlier, why she didn't give me chance to save her, why she chose this way again and again, before and after my appearance. But at the time I need to make it easy for her to leave, I couldn't let her go feeling alone so I stayed by her.

I controlled my pace of breathing and asked her to follow me. When she calmed down, she finally smiled and spoke, "I think I called you here for the first time even though you showed up a bit earlier. Thanks for staying here with me. See you in the next life, I will come to your dream," She chuckled with her own blood, vomiting some out of her mouth.

"Yes, please come. I will be happy meeting you again and again. I love you so much, your future self loves you so much." I cried while cleaning her face, her lips and her chin. She looked so beautiful even though she was covered in blood and the spear was still stabbed on her chest. "You've done more than enough for your people. You've done amazing with your life. You make so many people happy. You give them home, you give them life, you give them love."

I brushed her hair as she let go of my hand. She died in peace, smiling.

And I cried on my knees still holding her. I groaned and screamed out of anger. For the first time, I understood why Hyunjin had been trying to help Alexander. For the first time I realized, I wanted to capture whoever killed her.

I stayed there for almost an hour. I heard Hyunjin's voice kept calming me down. "I'm here, you will wake up and I'll hug you right away."

"Felix, you can fast forward if you're ready." Dr. Lee said.

A flower that looked exactly like the one on the blue door appeared next to Iris.

"Pluck the flower, Felix," I heard a voice. It wasn't Hyunjin's nor Dr. Lee's. I did what the voice ordered and Iris body vanished. A lot of flowers, the same as I had in my hand grew and bloomed in seconds. The small path is now filled with flowers and the sun was shining as if the morning said the greeting after the long dark night.

"Hello, there Felix," a man said. He was dressed in all white. He looked handsome and his black hair framed his forehead prettily. "Do you want to see my flower as well?"

He handed me a purple flower that looked like a daisy but the petals were longer. "What flower is this?" I asked the man. He didn't seem like a dangerous person, I felt like I could trust him right away.

"It's Aster," Iris showed up from behind me. "Just like his name."

"Hi, I'm Aster. Iris told me you knew Phoebus. He was my man," He smiled like an angel with his upper gum showing.

He looked exactly like Han, only his face wasn't like Korean at all, but I could see the resemblance. I missed my twin all of sudden. If he could hear everything I said here, he must've figured out what happened. He must've been drenched in pain to know we were both killed in our past lives.