32. VIHANG

"Kiss. Kiss. Kiss" everyone started chanting. I looked at Panchi and raised my eyebrows asking her for permission. She slightly nodded and blinked her eyes. "I'm sure its nothing you guys haven't done." Zoya said and everyone which included my brother laughed. Traitor. How was he even on board with this? I took a deep breath and moved closer to Panchi. I could sense she was nervous. She closed her eyes as our lips touched. After a few seconds she parted her lips. I tilted my head and kissed her for a few seconds then pulled back.

In those few seconds I couldn't hear anything. Everything went blur. All I could feel were Panchi's lips. She taste like honey with a hint of tequila. I can easily get addicted to her. Everyone hooted and clapped but my focus was on Panchi. Even though it was kind of mutual I didn't want to make her uncomfortable. "You okay?" I asked her. She nodded in response.

After the game ended Abheer decided to go home so Sid went with him to the door. It was just me Panchi, Kashaf, Zoya and Imran. "You know when were kids we all thought that Vihu bhai and Kashu will be endgame" Zoya said out of the blue. At this Kashaf laughed but Panchi straightened. Kashaf started telling stories about our childhood and Panchi listened attentively.

"Remember Vihu we even made a pact that we'll marry each other if we are single by the age of thirty" Kashaf said looking at me. Zoya left to attend a call from her boyfriend who was in London for some trip. "It's a good thing Ammi brought up our marriage proposal then" Imran said smiling at Kashaf. She weekly smiled backed but I could sense the tension behind it. I made mental note to talk to her about it. They both left to talk privately and I guess they need it too.

"So you and Kashaf" Panchi said as they left. I liked this jealous side of her. It's cute. I smirked and repeated her words. She rolled her eyes and looked away. After a few minutes I felt Panchi's head resting on my shoulder. She was tired and drunk so I think she herself didn't realize that she rested head on my shoulder. Something buzzed in my pocket. It was Panchi's phone. Sid's name flashed on the screen so I woke her up and handed her phone back.

She abruptly distanced her head from my body. She unlocked her phone and checked it. "What the fuck" she shouted and looked at me. I waited for her to answer but she asked me to check my phone instead. "Abheer was too drunk to drive so I went with him and now will spend the night here. P's supposed to stay at our house today so take her home and be nice" I read Sid's message aloud.

Panchi stood up quickly which gave her a head rush and she stumbled. I caught her just in time. "I'm too sober for this crisis" she said and grabbed a bottle kept at a table nearby. I tried to stop her but she already started drinking directly from the bottle. I immediately took the bottle from her. But her stubborn ass snatched it and emptied the remaining few sips left.

"Enough now" I grabbed her hand tightly. Drinking so much in one go made her puke. Then she complained of ruining her dress. Drunk Panchi is definitely something else. I asked Zoya to help so she got me a few lemons a couple of water bottles from the kitchen. "Thank you Zoe but please don't tell anyone about this" I said and she assured me not to worry. Thankfully Panchi vomited half the alcohol in her system. Then I shoved the lemon juice down her throat.

After some time when she stabilized I picked her up and made sit in the car. I fastened her seat belt and finally drove back home. "Why are you suddenly nice to me? Don't you hate me anymore" she said in her drunk voice. Even after throwing up she was managed to look beautiful. I gave her a side look and focused on driving.

After reaching home I unlocked the door and brought Panchi inside. Imade her drink water throughout our way. She was at least a little sober by now."Shh. Don't make noise uncle aunty will wake up" she whispered. I ignoredher. After bringing her bag from the carI locked the door. "Why are so loud" she said again sitting on the sofa. She removed her jewellery and carefully placed it on the side table. Even her drunk self was responsible. I gave her the bag andtold her to change. But she kept telling me not to be loud. "Maa and dad arenot home relax" I said and Panchi stood up. "what!! why didn't you tell me before"