25. VIHANG

I couldn't take my eyes off her. She was looking so pretty. But I averted my gaze from her. I could feel her soft skin against my fingers. It was so soft and tender I just want to touch every inch of her bare skin and kiss her to mark my territory all over her. I wanted to claim every part and every inch of her body. I wanted to tell her how pretty she looked in that dress like an angel who just came directly from heaven. An angel so beautiful that God himself wonder how he created her. "Bhai? It's green light. Let's go" Sid jerked my arm which brought me back from my thoughts.

After we left the mall Panchi and I came back to college. We didn't talk in the car. It was not comfortable but also not awkward. I picked up Sid from college and left for home. "How was your lunch with P? I hope you didn't fight with her. It is an important day for her today" Sid asked me while I was driving. I gave him a side eye look but he ignored it. "It was fine" I said and increased the volume of the music hoping he would shut up. It felt wrong to keep my feelings from my brother and especially when it's about his best friend.

"Maa?" I and Sid both shouted and called Maa. She came out of the kitchen and scolded us for shouting. This was routine since school. I went to my room to take a shower when my phone rang. It was Panchi so I answered it quickly. "Miss me already little sparrow?" I said and she scoffed at my comment. "You wish. I think I left my dress in your car" she chuckled and said.

I suddenly remembered not taking out the bags out of the car. I told her I'll check and text her. "Vihang thank you for not being a jerk and a good time today" she said and hung up before I could reply. I smiled to myself at her words when Maa entered my room. "Who's the girl making my grumpy son smile so much" she asked and cupped my face. "It was just a Whatsapp joke Maa" I said and kissed her hand. She narrowed her eyes and I shook my head.

After dinner I showed everyone the clothes I bought. I left Panchi's package in the in the car to avoid explaining everyone's questions. Maa and Sid liked the kurta while dad gave his neutral reaction. "My son looks handsome no matter whatever he wears" Maa said clicking my picture to send it to massi. Sid rolled his eyes scoffing. Sid and dad went to their rooms after ten minutes. I stayed and helped Maa in kitchen.

"Vihu you remember when you told me about your first girlfriend" Maa asked out of nowhere. I continued chopping capsicum for tomorrow. I have a slight idea what she may be trying to say but I decided to play along. "Yes Maa obviously I remember. Why?" I said and gave her a confused look. "I know there is a girl in your life because these clothes can't be your choice and your massi and I, we both have caught you smiling on your phone" she said and raised her eyebrows in suspicion. I smiled and hugged Maa from behind.

"Maa right now I'm single but yes there is a girl I like and I'll tell you about if there will be anything to tell" I said and kissed her on the cheek. She smiled and kissed my hand in response. I resumed to my chopping when she spoke again. "I know it's Panchi"