16. PANCHI

"That's not possible Jasmine. I'm sorry but I'll figure out something else." I immediately protested. This can't happen under any circumstances. Vihang and my dancing partner never happening. "But why not, Panchi. I saw you both dancing in the club at that party and you both were so perfect with each other." Jasmine said looking at me then Vihang who as always has a neutral expression on his face.
Until the other night, I thought he was a robot who was only capable of one emotion which was anger. But when I saw him laughing and smiling with his family, I couldn't believe it was him. "Vihang do you have any problems? It's just a five minutes dancing part in our musical drama." Jasmine asked Vihang who was struggling to find some excuse.
I swear if he agreed to this I'll kill him and serve his body to dogs. "Okay so its final Vihang is Panchi's dance partner and now we'll meet tomorrow for the practice." Jasmine said when Vihang the idiot failed to come up with anything. I silently cursed the universe and picked my bag.
"Seriously you had nothing to say? Last I checked you were the captain of a fucking basketball team. You could have said that." I exploded at Vihang like a volcano. I agree my thoughts about him were starting to change but it doesn't mean I wasn't going to give him hell for his stupidity. "If I had refused then how could I ever get the chance to dance with my little sparrow again?" He said it in my ear, smiled and left.

   I was waiting for Sid in the canteen because he couldn't miss class due to low attendance so he skipped rehearsals. I suddenly remembered about the fight Aryan and Vihang had here and what Abheer said came to my mind. Maybe this not all bad. Maybe Abheer was right and this was my chance to make peace with Vihang.
"Hey P. where are you lost?" Sid said sitting beside me. He ordered maggi and coke while I told him about how Vihang became my new dance partner. "Now I'm supposed to practice with him so that we're both caught up with others." I sighed and took a bite from Sid's plate. He told me that he agreed with Jasmine which infuriated me even more.
Even if I took Abheer's advice and gave Vihang a chance who's to say he will cooperate with me. This is going to be a total disaster. "Relax girl it'll be fine. Just text and ask Bhai when will he'll be free for practice." Sid said and I massaged my forehead with my hand because I can feel this is gonna be a headache for me.

   "You didn't refuse just to piss me right." I asked Vihang while practicing. He was not as insufferable as I thought he would be. He came five early and even bought me my favorite brownie shake from the canteen. "Jasmine asked me as your boyfriend so how could I refuse to dance with my own girlfriend" he said and shrugged his shoulders.
I shook my head and sighed. I don't want to argue with him and waste time. "whatever you say Mr boyfriend" I said and continued practicing my solo steps meanwhile I gave him a video we recorded earlier at the rehearsal so that he knew what he is supposed to do.
"Are you giving me a nickname, little sparrow?" I didn't realise when he got up from his seat and stood in front of me. He removed a strand of hair from my face and tucked it behind my ear. He was so close that it made me difficult to breath. "You look dam pretty while dancing sweetheart"