14. PANCHI

After Vartika left I thought it would be weird helping Vihang with the cleaning but to my surprise I was starting to feel comfortable in his presence. I was keeping the glass bowl on the top shelf when it slipped and broke. I immediately started picking it when some pieces of the glass cut my hand. "What happened? Oh fuck! Don't move I'll get the first aid kit." Vihang turned at the sound of breaking and immediately ran to get the kit. 

He came back in under a minute and started treating my wound. It was hurting so I didn't even realise when I started sobbing. "Stop crying like a baby. Who told you to arrange everything?" Vihang said in an authoritative tone but I could see tension all over his face. His comment made me furious. "How dare you talk to me like this? I'm not a baby and I never asked for your help. You're such an insensitive jerk." I lashed out at him. After saying everything I noticed that he had already removed the glass and bandaged the cut. 

"You did that on purpose didn't you?" I asked him. He chuckled leaning towards me. "I'm not an insensitive jerk after all" he said and came close. Our eyes locked and everything around me blurred. I thought he was about to kiss me and I wanted to move but I froze. "Next time remember you are not as tall as you think you are." Vihang said and left the kitchen but I was still in the same spot.

"Oh God P what happened?" Sid asked entering the kitchen with Abheer. I told him how I got injured but left details about whatever just happened with Vihang. I felt guilty for lying to my best friend lately. But I don't know how am I suppose explain him something even I myself can't understand. I promise myself to tell him everything the next chance I get. 

"I think I should leave now. It's already late." I said and got up to pick my bag when Vihang grabbed my bag. I gave him a confused look. "You can't drive like this." He said gesturing towards my hand. Sid and Abheer agreed with him. I tried to convince them but Vihang was too stubborn to listen specially to me. "I'll drop you on my way if it's fine by you." Abheer asked me. I rolled my eyes and nodded my head. I gave my car keys to Sid and told him to pick me for college tomorrow. I hugged Sid and asked him to thank aunty for dinner. While Abheer and Sid said their goodbye I thanked Vihang for helping me. He just nodded his head and left without saying anything.

"In what deep thoughts are you lost?" Abheer asked me in the car. It was sweet of him to help me because my house was in complete opposite direction from him. He has always been a great friend to me. Other than Sid, I know I can always count on Abheer. "He's not a bad person you know. Just an overprotective brother." Abheer said when I didn't reply.

 I don't know how he knew I was thinking about Vihang. I have never spent a lot of time with Abheer but we have always shared a unique bond and I love that about him. "I know but he also hates me. And to top it all I'm sure by now everyone will be thinking that he's my boyfriend." I said and sighed. I was trying to avoid the exact conversation even with myself but I knew I was now or never. "He doesn't hate you. He loves his brother and tries to look after him. And even if he hates you I think this is the time you can change his mind."