Chapter 52

Sidd was lying on the bed while Avneet was sitting on the couch beside the bed. She laid her head on the back of the couch. After such a hectic flight and all this, she didn't know when she fell asleep, waiting for Sidd to open his eyes. That's when Sidd started opening his eyes. He slowly scanned the room and realized that he was in a hospital room. He slowly sat on the bed when his eyes fell on his wife. Unknowingly, a smile came across his lips. He pushed the blanket and pulled out the IV connected to his hand. He hissed a little, placing a tissue on the wound. He stood up, pacing towards the couch and sat beside Avneet, who was in deep sleep. He chuckled seeing her sleeping so peacefully. He slowly lifted her hair stand to which she squinted her eyes. He smiled as she opened her eyes. Their eyes met but Avu suddenly jerked up as she realized her love woke up and was sitting just in front of her. Avu's hand went to Sidd's cheek, cupping it.

Avu (concerned): Are you alright?

Sidd nodded blinking his eyes.

Avu (irritated): Why do you always do this Siddharth? Like, it's the third time you are not taking care of yourself. Don't you care about me?

Sidd (holding her hand): I do Avneet, but everything was in front of you. Di's blame made me lose my temper.

Avu: What about food? You didn't eat after you gave blood.

Sidd (looking down): I-I forgot.

Avneet looked at the glass of juice placed in front of the couch on the table. She picked it up and handed it to Sidd.

Avu: Have it.

Sidd made a weird face.

Avu (pointing her index finger): Don't you dare make that face. I won't melt.

Sidd rolled his eyes, gulping down the juice sip a sip.

Avu (smiling): That's like my Hubby.

Sidd (looking at her): Avneet, if I will invite you to my home, will you join?

Avneet's eyes sparkled widely and lips stretched into a smile. 

******************

Vaishu was standing beside Abhi's bed, staring at him with blank expressions.

Flashback

Abhi and Vaishu were adjusting the family photos which were recently framed. Vaishu was hanging the frame on the wall when its edge hurt her finger. She winced holding her finger.

Abhi (rushing towards her, getting mad): Vaishu, show me.

He examined her finger to find a cut on it. He looked at her with fake anger in his eyes.

Abhi (taking her to the room and making her sit on the bed): Can't you be careful? You have got such a huge cut.

Vaishu: it's nothing serious Abhi.

Abhi (taking tube and bandage): Ya, that's why the blood is not stopping.

He applied ointment and bandaged it while Vaishu was just smiling at him.

Abhi: Done, now don't use this hand. In fact, you take a rest. I will handle everything.

Vaishu (chuckling): Come on Abhi it's a small cut.

Abhi (standing up and keeping ointment): It might open and start bleeding again. So, take a rest.

He went out of the room followed by Vaishu who was arguing with her husband while he wasn't in the mood to listen to her.

Flashback Ends

A tear fell from Vaishu's blank eyes. That's when Abhi's hand moved which made Vaishu attentive. He squinted his eyes and held Vaishu's hand in pain, stunning her. He slowly opened his eyes to find everything blurred. After a few minutes, he started scanning the room and found her wife standing beside him. His eyes moist seeing her and the only word that escaped his lips was her name.