Chapter 37

Abhi: I want each and every information regarding the user of this number? Who uses it, and on whose name is it?

Abhi dropped the call. Abhi thought for a second before dialling the number and signing Sam to come to him. Sam came there with her doll in her hand. Abhi held her arm gently.

Abhi: You wanted to talk to your Mumma, right?

Sam nodded with a sad pout. Abhi put the call on speaker and handed his phone to Sam.

Abhi: Here you go!

Sam became happy and waited for the phone to get picked. There, the call was placed.

"Hello?"

Sam (happily): Nanu!

Vaishu's mom: My princess, how are you?

Sam: I am good. Nanu, can I talk to Mumma?

Vaishu's mom: Sure beta, she just returned home. (calling Vaishu) Vaishu, Vaishu Sam wants to talk to you.

Abhi was sitting on his knee, listening to everything on the other side. He had a frown on his forehead. There came a voice.

Vaishu: Hello Baby!

Yes, Vaishu reached home as soon as Abhi left from there and Vaishu know that he came in search of her. Abhi's heart skipped a beat hearing Vaishu's voice. It wasn't something he was imagining. It was real. She wasn't dead. She is alive.

Sam (joyfully): Hi Mumma! How are you?

Vaishu (baby voice): I am fine, my baby. How are you?

Sam: Mumma, I miss you so much. Please come back.

Vaishu (in sad voice): Baby, I also miss you a lot, but I can't help with it. 

Sam (sadly): Mumma, please forgive Papa and come back. Papa and I are lonely without you.

A tear fell from Abhi's left eye as he heard their conversation.

Vaishu (wiping her tears): No baby, your papa doesn't need me, and he is happy without me. You are there with him, right? Meera, I will talk to you later, Alright?

Sam: Okay, Mumma! Take care and love you!

Vaishu (whispering): Love you too.

Vaishu dropped the call as she was done composing herself. She knew if she would talk for one more minute, she would break down, which she didn't want at any cost. Sam handed the phone to Abhi as the call declined.

Sam: Papa, are you happy without Mumma?

Abhi wiped his tears and shook his head negatively.

Sam: Then why did Mumma say that you are happy without her?

Abhi (caressing her cheek): It's nothing, baby! She is just a little mad at me. I will apologize to her.

Sam (showing thumbs up): That's like my good Papa!

Abhi kissed her forehead, smiling at her ethics. He gestured to her to play with her toys.

Abhi: Go and play with your toys!

Sam ran from there and ran to the place where her toys were kept. Abhi went in deep thoughts.

Abhi (in mind): There is something I am missing out. If she is alive, then how did Aarush and the police officer blame Siddharth for it? If everyone knows it means Aarush will also be aware of it. She is alive, which means Sidd is innocent, but the main question is why Aarush lied to me if he knew it? Did he trap my brother? Was Aarush jealous of our couple? On which base did he blame my brother and my wife? I am missing a huge puzzle in it, and I need to find it out as soon as possible.