Chapter 43

Abhi pushed the main door to enter inside, taking baby steps. He wasn't left in a position to think anything after Vaishu's outburst. He walked inside while Vaishu's every word ringing in his ears. He suddenly bumped into the maid, which brought him out of his thoughts.

Abhi (looking at her, creating a distance between them): I am so sorry. I didn't see you.

Maid: It's alright, Sir! Are you okay?

Abhi (shaking his head while being in his owm thoughts): Yeah, I am okay. Can you please do one thing?

Maid nodded.

Abhi: Pack Sam's necessary stuff and hand it over to the driver. Ask him to drop it at Rao's home.

Maid (nodding): Alright, Sir!

The maid left from there while Abhi just walked towards his room aimlessly as if he had lost everything and he had nothing left behind. As if he has lost all his loved ones. He dropped himself on the bed, still progressing everything. He seemed lost. That's when a flashback played in his mind to the time when his mother was alive and was with them.

Flashback

Vibha and Abhi were sitting on the couch while Abhi was lying with his head on his mother's lap. After 2 days, it was Sidd's arrival from the U.S.A. Abhi was not married that time while everyone was excited to welcome Sidd. Vibha was caressing Abhi's hair while Abhi was busy on his phone chatting with Sidd, continuously smiling. That's when his mother called him.

Vibha (caressing his hair): Abhi!

Abhi (typing): Yes, mom!

Vibha: Whom are you talking to?

Abhi: Ah, it's Ashu. He is sending me the details of his plane and departure.

Vibha (caressing his hair): Abhi!

Abhi: Hmm...!

Vibha: Promise me one thing.

Abhi glanced at his mom and sat straight as he found it serious. He kept the phone aside and held her hands in his.

Abhi (serious): What happened, mom? Why are you taking promises from me?

Vibha (smiling, cupping his face): Beta, you know people make so many mistakes in their lives. There are many things in between any relationship. Promise me, if Ashu makes any mistake or says anything wrong, you will forgive him. You will never leave him alone and will be with him in any situation. You both will live together

Abhi (placing his hand on hers, smiling): I promise, mom. I will always forgive him and will never leave him alone.

Vibha smiled as she kissed his forehead.

Vibha (tears in her eyes): May god bless you, my son.

Abhi smiled at her again, laying on her lap, spending precious time with his mother talking and laughing.

Flashback ends

Abhi's eyes dropped tears as he realized he failed to fulfil his promise. He hid his face in his palms as he sobbed