Chapter 25

Abhishek walked to Avu's room and knocked on her door. That's when he heard her voice.

Avu: Come in!

Abhi entered inside while Avu stood up, seeing him entering her room. She shook her hand with him and offered him a seat. He sat in front of Avu, who also settled on her seat.

Avu (smiling): So, how was the journey?

Abhi: It was good.

Avu (picking up her intercom):  Would you like to have coffee or tea?

Abhi: Coffee!

She nodded and dialed a number and the other person picked it up in one go.

Avu (on call): Send 2 cups of hot chocolate coffee, please!

She dropped the call and looked back at Abhi, smiling.

Abhi (sitting straight): So, what have you done related to that combined project?

Avu (holding the file and opening it): It is signed and final from my side. At the seminar, I would like everyone to have a look, and then we can finalize it.

Abhi (shaking his head): Sure!

That's when the door was knocked and opened by Sidd. He came in with a file in his hand. He was flipping the papers, and that's why he didn't notice Abhi sitting there.

Sidd (standing on the door, checking the file a final time): Avneet I have‐‐

That's when his eyes fell on Abhi, who was sitting on the chair but as his back was facing Sidd so he couldn't see his brother sitting in front of him. The same brother, by whom he was running. He stopped at the door only. As soon as Abhi heard his voice, he felt it familiar. He was progressing in that whatever he was thinking might be true. Yes, he recognized this voice, and on the realization, his eyes went wide in shock. Avu glanced at Sidd when he spoke.

Sidd (unaware of Abhi's presence, seeing his back): I-I will come afterward.

That's when Abhi turned behind, but unfortunately, Sidd was already gone. Abhi's eyes were still wide open in shock. He again looked at Avu, which confused her. His expression confused her.

Abhi (glancing behind): W-Who was he?

Avu (confusingly): He is my P.A. why? Are you okay?  Is something bothering you?

Abhi (looking away): No! Maybe I misunderstood.

Avu was looking at him, not understanding a single point.

Abhi (in mind): Oh God Abhi! How can he be here? It wasn't him. I'm sure because if he is P.A., he can't call his C.E.O. by name. No, why will he be here? He must be with Vaishu. Yeah, otherwise, why would he run from India like that?

Avu (confusingly): Should I get water for you?

Abhi (shaking his head): No, thanks. I am fine!

Avu nodded, smiling forcefully.

Abhi: By the way, can I ask you something?

Avu nodded, asking him to carry on.

Abhi (suspiciously): Why was your P.A. calling you by your name?

Avu (smiling): Actually, he is my fiancè as well. I really love him a lot. 

Abhi was surprised to hear it. Being a businessman, it was the first time he came across such a couple who share a P. A and boss relationship. Abhi just smiled hearing her, not knowing what to say.