Chapter 38

Avu turned back to find her husband already standing there with cups of coffee in his hands, having a shocked face. His hands were shaking as many thoughts clouded his mind, but only words that came out all of a sudden.

Sidd: Do you know Vaishu di personally?

Avu opened her mouth to speak as she took steps towards him, but she couldn't summarize everything in one word. Sidd's eyes were leaking tears as he again asked the same question.

Sidd (cracky voice): Tell me, do you know Vaishu di personally?

Avu didn't know how to tell him as no one was coming in her mind. She just nodded her head, exhaling sharply. Sidd closed his eyes to calm himself. He walked towards the table and kept the tray on the table, gripping its edges and leaning on it, bowing his head down. Avu walked towards him and kept her hand on his shoulder, leaning on the table. She didn't want the truth to come out this soon, but now, if it is, then she also has to tell everything to Sidd. Otherwise, she might lose his trust.

Avu (rubbing his shoulder): I want to tell you something.

Sidd (looking down): Since when do you know Vaishu di?

Avu (chuckle): I will answer every question of yours, but you also promise not to react immediately.

Sidd (looked at her, confused): What do you mean?

Avu held his arm and made him sit on the chair behind him. She dragged another chair for herself and settled herself in front of Sidd, leaving him confused and worried. She held his hands but didn't speak a word, which made Sidd annoyed.

Sidd: Why are you testing my patience, Avu? Tell me, Please!

Avu (looking into his eyes): Your Vaishu di is alive, and she acted her kidnapping.

Sidd froze hearing those words. He wasn't accepting such a thing from his sister.

Sidd (clueless): W-What do you mean?

Avu: I know if I would tell you everything, it would hurt you more, and I also don't have the courage to tell you everything.

Sidd was looking at her confused while Avu dragged her phone out of her pocket and called a number. It was going on ringing, but no one was answering it.

Avu (whispering): Vaishnavi, pick it up! It's important.

That's when the phone was answered. The voice that Sidd heard froze him at his place. Yes, it was Vaishu. Sidd took a sharp breath before whispering.

Vaishu (suspicious): Avneet, is it you? Why aren't you saying anything? Hello?

Sidd (whisper): Di..!

Vaishu's ear automatically identified the voice. The voice she was craving to hear from last 2 weeks. She got impulsive in happiness hearing her baby bro's voice. She sat on her bed with thud in the flood of happiness. She covered her mouth in happiness as a joyful sob escaped her lips.

Vaishu: My baby bro, how is my brother?

Sidd (stern voice): Your baby bro is dead for you.

Avu glanced at Sidd in shock while Vaishu's smile fell from her lips.

Sidd (in stern voice): Your baby bro died the day you played everything as a result of which your husband blamed your baby bro.

Vaishu shook her head negatively as she sobbed hard. Avu, on the other hand, snatched the phone from his hand, glaring him.