Chapter 35

Avneet was standing in the room's balcony, smiling to herself as the function was over till now, and it was past 11 now. Today was her special day, not because she got a partner it's because she found her love and best friend for whom she can proudly that he won't ever cheat her at any cost. A fresh and beautiful smile appeared on her face. That's when she heard the clicking voice. She turned back to see Sidd coming towards her. Her smile grew. Sidd captured her hands as he reached us.

Avu (out of happiness): Finally, we are married.

Sidd chuckled, seeing her excited. His hands travelled to her hair, tugging her hair behind her ear while her eyes followed his hand. She looked at him when he spoke.

Sidd (admiring her): You are looking so beautiful. 

Avu (confidently): No doubt. I am!

Sidd (dramatically): This confidence has made me mad for you.

Avu narrowed her eyes while Sidd was continuously smiling at her. He didn't know when automatically his hand leaned forward and cupped her face. They both were lost in each other completely. The distance between them decreased. Their eyes went close, and they didn't know when their lips met each other. It was a smooth, loving kiss. Sidd broke the kiss and rested his forehead on hers while Avu placed her hands on his shoulders. Sidd's hands travelled to her waist while Avu smiled with her eyes closed as she heard his whisper.

Sidd (whispers): I love you no matter what.

***************

Sam was sitting there on the carpet, colouring her book with a sadness clear on her face. No matter how many days she spent at her grandparent's home but now she is missing them a lot, especially Vaishu, who became her friend. She raised her head to look at the picture hung on the wall in front. She suddenly started examining the picture carefully. It was the last picture of Vaishu, Abhi, and his mother. She frowned and stood up. Walking closer to the wall, she started examining it.

Sam (in baby voice): Why does my mumma look like di I met at my grandfather's home?

Vaishu's smiling face appeared in front of her eyes. The way she played with her all day slept with her. That's when she again  looked at the picture and started jumping in joy, clapping her hands.

Sam (loudly, twinkling around): Yay, I found my mumma. Papa, Papaa...!!

That's when Abhi rushed there wondering if she got hurt, but he saw her standing there in front of the picture. He frowned and paced till her. He bent down to meet her height and held her from her arms.

Abhi (mad): Sam, why were you screaming like that? You know, you made me terrified.

Sam (holding her ears, making puppy faces): Sorry Papa..!

Abhi melted at her pout. That's when she exclaimed again, jumping in excitement.

Sam (joyfully): But you know, I found mumma.

Abhi looked at her in shock.

Abhi (confirming her, whispering): What?

Sam (nodding her head): Yes, Papa. You remember, di, who used to come and play with me at nanu's home?

Abhi nodded, curious.

Sam (pointing at the picture): di and mumma's face resembles. She is my mumma papa.

Abhi felt a lump formed in his throat. He was having difficulty digesting her every piece of information. He was still progressing everything when she again spoke.