Chapter 84: Only ally

Start from the beginning

At some place, the rogue stayed a bit longer leaving behind the faint smell of smoke and a pile of ashes.

It was all we needed to reconstruct their private exchanges.

Investigating was easier as Jay followed you to Ice Moon, I brought the girl here and we tried to find a meaning to these coded words.

As you already know, Jay is supposed to be a key element in your awakening, so the first guess that we had is that he's trying to use the bond to accelerate your transformation and then use your power.

However, the last message suggests killing you.

None of this makes sense."

Her headache lodged in her hands, and her nails dug a nest in her hair. I should be acting like this. I thought I was useful enough to be kept alive but if the villain decided to change his mind at the last minute, my head would end up in the market.

"Why didn't you tell me earlier? Did you catch the rogue?"

I could tell from her expression that she was sorry but it wasn't even about forgiving her I was simply realising the truth of my existence.

Doomed from the start, condemned to live a life that wasn't mine.

"Serah, you weren't close to Jay, so we thought that we wouldn't have to worry about your power showing up but it has been a full week that you've been sneaking out. It is none of my business but you being safe is much more important than your bond. I hate to cause this much heartache to my son but please, let's avoid the worst."

I felt uneasy with her request, my arms were hugging my waist as if seeking comfort. It was hard to move past all of our problems and now that I started relying more on Jayson, I was supposed to cut our ties.

I couldn't agree to these conditions but facing the enemy doing exactly what he wanted wasn't the solution either.

I was torn with all these problems and hiding something from Jay was now useless, he could feel it.

"I think we bonded too much for me to hide anything. I don't think I can."

My lips were tight in shame, if she had asked me to do so, a few weeks earlier I would have complied but now, it was impossible.

It wasn't logical and my heart gave up on the idea before my rational side.

She took my hands and pushed my face to meet her wrecked gaze.

"Serah, just stay away from him-"

Before I could hear the end of her plea, the door flew open, revealing an angry alpha at the door of our conversation.

He walked in slowly, banging the door behind him. His eyes in disbelief masking the gentle blue with the sadness it held.

His feelings were gut piercing, almost making my eyes water.

"What did you tell her?"

Her sweating palms were no longer on me, her whole body trembling in angst.

"Son, what are you-"

"Mom!"

He shouted, his voice breaking in pain.

But he pursued.

"What did you just tell her, what did you mean by staying away from me? And what did I hear, avoiding the worst by avoiding me?"

Only the glass table was separating us, but it wouldn't for long as he slammed his hand on the delicate furniture making it shatter on the floor, luckily for us, we were wearing clothes that protected us from the projectiles but I could see Jenna's face had a small cut.

Her eyes in tears, the wound on her cheeks slowly disappearing under the flow.

I felt my heart clench when he saw the wound on his mom's face but soon, his disappointment took over leaving nothing but a bitter taste on my tongue.

At these moments, I hated being so vulnerable to his mood, I couldn't control my urges and all I wanted was to sooth his anger, even when I was trying to be neutral. Jenna only tried to do her best for both of us.

"Tell me now!! What are you hiding? What are you not saying?"

It was unbearable. Seeing Jay question his mom like a criminal, not controlling his temper and Jenna trying her best to not break down in front of him.

Which mom would be alright hurting their offsprings, he only saw the world with his lens only. That was why we fought in the first place and he was showing me that his personality didn't change.

Doing efforts only for me wasn't the best for the long run, but I couldn't say if I would still be there.

"Jay, stop it now!"

I tried to calm him down but he didn't spare me a glance, solely focused on the crying shewolf.

"Mom, tell me that you didn't let me banish Serah because it was useful at the time. Tell me you didn't let me destroy the best thing in my life for whatever reason you could have."

It was too much. He couldn't put on her back the words that he had thrown at me, How could he accuse her as shamelessly as he does.

"Stop it now Jay, you can't blame her for the words you told me without even consulting me first."

Finally his enraging gaze was talking to me. However, his words became more and more incomprehensible. But I still wished that I didn't understand them.

"Don't you take her side! She was the one who told me to treat you like a regular wolf when you attacked Dina, she was the one who whispered to me about the exile.

I wouldn't have made a hasty decision without consulting my parents, I thought I was doing it for the pack and now, she made me make all the wrong choices."

I got up walking on the broken glass making the silent room rasp at my clumsy steps. I saw red at his words.

Dina wasn't behind his words but his mom.

Jenna, one of my only allies here in Red Crescent.

...

Sorry I didn't have the motivation to write on emore chapter but I will try to make them longer.

Thank you for following, if you could comment it would greatly motivate me so do not hesitate, love you all!!