Charles Leclerc [58+60]

A/N Wished by Noctambulisttt. I hope you like it!

TAGLIST: godblesstheoceanel, Writing_C_Project, Brazowa_Alpaka, LizzieCes, donutcakie, smilethankstothem, MegTheF1Weirdo, smallmonsterr, CathleenPotgieterANGUS2THEBEAT

WORDS: 767

[58] - "Do you think I'll make a good father?" "The best."
[60] -"Your child's been kicking me all day." "Oh, now it's my child?"
_____

Being pregnant is not always as beautiful as I thought it would be. Not being able to eat in the morning, because I felt nauseous, certain smells made me want to throw up when I was early in the pregnancy, but luckily, I managed to get past that stage. The baby grew a lot and now I have different problems. Swollen feet, the urge to go to the toilet constantly and sometimes the child kicking against the inside of my ribcage or different organs.

Today was a busy day and I needed to get some things done. I feel way too exhausted when I return home, but the smell of the food Charles is preparing lingers in the air and it reminds me of how hungry I am. Charles comes out of the kitchen to greet me with a soft kiss but looks at me concerned when I wince in pain.

"You're child's been kicking me all day." I manage to tell Charles that our baby was practicing its kicks the whole day. Sometimes not really let me catch my breath because there wasn't that much time between the kicks. I am not even sure why the baby is so active today, because it usually sleeps a lot during the day and only bothers me when I want to rest for a bit.

"Oh, now it's my child?" Charles scoffs because I usually say that it is our child. But right now, when it does something I don't like I call it only his child. The little demon that isn't letting me catch some sleep because it insists on partying inside of my belly.

"You know what I mean." I mumble, leaning against Charles's chest, exhaustion slowly taking over my body and maybe the day out was a bit too much for me and the little one. "I do." Charles says, not mad about my words in any way before he kneels down in front of me.

"Stop kicking your Mama so much." Charles addresses the baby bump, hand caressing it softly until he feels another kick, this time targeted against his fingertips before the kicking slowly calms down with every word Charles mutters to the baby.

"Can't wait to meet our little one." Charles says, presses a kiss onto my bump and I almost get a bit emotional because he is acting so sweet even though we haven't even met our baby yet. Still, we are totally in love with it.

When Charles stands up again, he pauses for a bit, before he hesitatingly speaks up. "Do you think I'll make a good father?" His voice is barely above a whisper and my heart clenches at his words. I know Charles always worries a lot, but I wasn't aware that he also worries about not being a good father to our child.

"The best." I reassure him and take his hand. Charles is going to be a great father, who is going to make his child a loved one and probably spoil it too much.

"Even though I am away that often?" Charles asks, referring to the fact that with being a Formula1 driver he is traveling the world and not always will be able to spend much time with his child. I got used to it by now, sometimes even accompanying him, but when the baby is there this will not be possible, especially not in the beginning.

"Of course." I say and when Charles wants to speak up, I add some more words. "It will not be determined by the amount of time you spend with your child but with the quality of the time." The child might notice that Charles isn't spending as much time at home, but I am sure he will make the time he shares with his child the best possible one.

"You're probably right." Charles sighs, drawing a smile onto my face. Luckily, I can reassure him when he is worrying about anything. Sometimes it is more difficult, and other times easier to convince him.

"I am always right." I grin and Charles begins to pout.

"Two against one is not fair." I once told him that I have two votes as long as I am carrying this baby and he isn't really happy about it but usually accepts the fact that I can outvote him at the moment.

"Well, you need to cope with this for some more weeks." I tell him, brushing my hand over my baby bump, because we need to wait for a couple of weeks until we can welcome our child into this world.