Zhou Guanyu [101]

A/N Wished by landochamps_f1. I hope you like it!

WORDS: 886

WARNINGS: Mentions of a crash 

[101]-This is the third nightmare this week, are you sure everything is okay?
_____

"No, no!" You mumble to yourself when you see the red and white Alfa Romeo of your boyfriend gets involved into a crash, sending him hurtling towards the barrier. Flipping over several times, leaving a trace of debris behind him while your heart aches with every beat. Hands ice-cold and covered with sweat when you watch the impact.

"Please, not again." You want to take your eyes away from the screen, but you can't. Seeing the completely destroyed formula car brings fear to your thoughts and just like you did in Silverstone you start praying that nothing happened to one of the most important people of your life. Waiting for a conformation that he is all right you pace up and down the garage until his physio approaches you.

His face already tells you that this isn't going to be a positive message. Not like it was in Silverstone where your boyfriend left the car without any scratch, just a little shaken. You barely hear the words which are spoken to you, but you still get the message that this time he didn't made it our of the car.

"No!" The scream comes from your heart, goosebumps on your body and you start sobbing. This cant be the truth, he didn't just die in this crash, this has to be fake news. Crying you run away from the scenery, not wanting to see the faces full of pity anymore while you have trouble breathing.

"Wake up." You hear his voice and imagine feeling his touch, but this cant be. He is in the car and not with you. Slowly you wake up, your surrounding disappearing before you meet the worried eyes of your boyfriend.

"Look at me." He mumbles, hands cupping your face and his thumb gently brushes away the tears that gathered on your cheeks. You hold onto one of his hands, slowly realising that everything was a dream and that he didn't die. That he is holding you in his arms and that he is safe.

"There is no need to cry." Trying to comfort you he places a soft kiss onto your cheek, and you try to calm yourself down. He is right, there is no need to cry right now. The dream might have scared you but now you see with your own eyes that he is okay, not injured or anything else.

"This is the third nightmare this week, are you sure you are, okay?" He asks you with concern in his voice and you sight. There where actually more than three nightmares but he does not know about more.

"I am scared." You admit, biting down on your lower lips. There is no need to lie to him and you decide honesty would be the best.

"Of what exactly?" He asks, fingers trailing softly over your cheek, spending you some comfort and you lean into his touch, loving the gentle side on him.

"Silverstone happening again, this time with a bad ending." You admit, now looking away from him because you have talked several times about this crash, and you do not want to bring back bad memories for him. It was his first heavy crash and even though he wasn't hurt it left some impact on him.

"Since when do you have these fears?" He asks another question, not judging your fear about him crashing. Another sight leaves your lips.

"I always worry about you, but it got worse after the crash." This is the truth, you always worried about your favourite racing driver but after you actually experienced him crashing your fear got so much worse.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" He sights, wrapping his arm tighter around your body, trying to make you feel safe and it does work. For a moment you lean your head against his chest before you answer.

"I didn't want you to worry about me."

"I will always worry, because I care about you." A soft chuckle leaves his lips and yours curl up too because you feel so much love from the man in front of you. He always worries about you and protects you when he thinks you need his help.

"I know, I can't promise you that they will be no crashes anymore, but I am careful, and the cars are really safe." Are his next words and you know that they are the truth. There is no way he can promise no more crashes because it is not always in his hands what happens. But you know that the cars are safe and try to protect the driver inside of them.

"I know."

"How about we go back to sleep?" He proposes and you nod, it would be the best the catch some more sleep. The alarm will ring early, and you both need some rest to go trough the day.

"I try to." You mumble because you are not sure if you will be able to fall back into sleep, usually struggling with it after a nightmare.

"I am here, and I protect you from your bad dreams." He promises you, pulls you closer to his chest and you close your eyes with a sight. With him you always feel safe, and you hope he will be able to protect you in your dreams.

"Thank you."