💋-kissing under the mistletoe

A/N Even though Christmas is over, I will post some more of the one-shots

💋-kissing under the mistletoe

_____

Lance Stroll wished by LovingHeart6

Being in love with your best friend isn't ideal, but being invited to his family's Christmas party, where every woman looks at him with heart eyes is even worse. Lance and you know each other for an eternity now and catching feelings for him was definitely never the plan, but you couldn't stop yourself from falling for this handsome man.

Tonight, you are invited to the Stroll's annual Christmas party, set at Lance parents house and you know this evening isn't going to be pure fun for you. Usually, these parties are filled with snobs and a lot of women which try to get Lance's attention. He is not the type for big crowds but since he is the son of the Strolls, he has to attend this party and as every year invites you for company.

"Pretty dress, is it new?" Are Lance's first words to you when you enter the big house of the family Stroll. He catches you right at the entrance before you have the chance to even look around. You are happy that you immediately found him and not having to search for him for ages.

"Yeah, thought I have to step up my game when I am surrounded by all the rich people." You laugh, but it is the true. You are not a hundred percent comfortable with all these rich people wearing designer clothes around you. This is not an ambience you are used to, but you could never bring yourself to decline the invitation.

"Just because they clothes are expensive doesn't make them pretty." Lance explains, making your heart flutter. He is always trying to make you feel wanted and would never look down on you just because you don't own as much money as he is used to having.

Unfortunately, after this short conversation, you lost touch, Lance father calls him over to meet some people, so you decide to get yourself a drink from the bar. Lance doesn't come back to you, already being surrounded by a lot of women when you spot him again and you decide to go on the balcony for a bit. It is chilly outside but luckily you are wearing your winter coat for comfort.

"I thought you left, searched everywhere for you." Lance says and you don't know for how long you have been standing outside already.

"Managed to escape your fan club?" You ask him, looking over your shoulder and observing that he is turning a little bit red around the nose. Lance doesn't like the attention but plays along.

"Finally, I couldn't listen to them any more seconds." He sights, stepping beside you and you turn your head again to look into the distance. "Hm." You just hum to show him that you listened.

"Everything okay?" Lance asks curiously, not wanting for you to feel left out because he was busy so long and didn't bring any attention to you.

"Yeah, just enjoying the view." You smile lightly while saying the truth. It is a beautiful view from the balcony and sometimes you are jealous that Lance was growing up with such standards.

You hear some rustling before Lance says something. "Look up." You frown at his words, not sure why he wants you to do this. "Why do you want me...?" You start but stop when you spot what he is holding just above your head.

"A mistletoe?" You ask surprised. Why is Lance holding up a mistletoe over your heads?

"Yes, and because we are standing under it, we have to kiss." Lance says, voice shaking with fear that you will hate him for this, but your heart is just beating faster and faster.