Charles Leclerc [Fuck Up The Friendship]

A/N This is a one-shot originally written for a different project, but I decided to post it here since not that many people have seen it yet. luminousmoonlight this one is still for you!

Inspired by: Leah Kate-Fuck Up The Friendship

TAGLIST: godblesstheoceanel, Writing_C_Project, Brazowa_Alpaka, LizzieCes, donutcakie, smilethankstothem, MegTheF1Weirdosmallmonsterr

WORDS: 1163
_____

Partying with Charles is always fun and even though we both end up wasted tonight is different. Instead of taking a taxi back home, parting our way at the club, and going back to our own place, we started walking away from the club together.

And instead of going back to our own apartment, Charles asked me to come back to his. Telling me I was way too drunk and that he was not going to leave me on my own tonight. Since when is he taking me home? One of the questions I am asking myself and I am really not sure what the real reason is.

I was drunk more often when I was out with Charles, but he never insisted on bringing me home. It is four in the morning and instead of going to my own bed, I will probably end up in Charles because his guestroom is currently occupied by his little brother. Maybe going with him is wrong?

Or maybe it just feels wrong because this weekend I have seen him with different eyes, kind of a different point of view. Instead of my best friend, I have realised how handsome he looks and how he makes my heart flutter. Making me slowly realise that I might be in love with my best friend.

The question is: Is he going to kiss me tonight? What would be the other reason for him to take me to his apartment in the middle of the night, the early morning, if he isn't feeling something for me too? There has to be a change in his thinking of me and I need to find out what it is.

He makes me fall for him without even knowing and I kind of want to fall for him. Who wouldn't? Charles is charming, looks handsome and I am sure that he is a good lover. He would be the perfect match for me, and I really hope that I don't imagine things in my drunk head.

But is this just in my head? Is he feeling the same or am I seeing things that are not there? Starting to overthink I stop watching where I am going, letting my thoughts fill up my head without leaving space for anything else. I almost stumble over my own feet when I don't see the few steps, we need to walk down to reach the street where Charles' apartment is, but he grabs me by the arm. Holds me steady and close to his chest. My breath hitches in my throat and since he is this close to me, I can't breathe.

Faces close, eyes looking into each other. Mine widened because I was a little scared because of the stumbling on the stairs and his eyes as dark as night. I hesitate, but the tension is high and maybe I just give in. Letting the threads pull us close to each other. No matter what I am going to do, my relationship with Charles will be changed. I will not be able to interact the same with him after realising that I might be in love or even just attracted to him. This would not be a good fundament for a friendship, and he is either going to be okay with feelings, just hooking up or whatever these feelings lead to, or we have been friends for the longest time.

Maybe it is time to fuck up the friendship is my last thought before I place my hand on Charles's neck and pull his head down to connect our lips for a very first kiss. They feel warm on mine, and I can still taste the liquid he has drunk in the club. My heart races in my chest and my head feels empty. This feels so much better than anything I could have imagined before, but I pull my head back when Charles isn't kissing me back.

That he is not reacting in any way makes me nervous, knees weak because of what the outcome of this situation will be. His eyes widen in surprise, and I lower my gaze, biting my lips because I feel horrible. How could I think that this is a good idea?

Just when I want to take a step away from Charles his fingers close around my wrist, and he pulls me closer again. Breath ghosting over my face when his lips hover over mine. I gather my courage and want to speak up about the situation but before I can Charles takes my face in his hands, letting, all the thoughts I had, disappear.

He looks into my eyes, and I let them flutter close when Charles closes the last distance between us. Connecting our lips for a soft kiss, barely letting them touch and I almost whine when he finally puts some more pressure.

I sigh, hands roaming over his chest while his hands keep my face close to his own. Not wanting to disconnect our lips, I follow Charles when he takes a step back and since he is not letting go of my face, I am sure he has different plans for walking backward.

We stumble slightly and both need to gasp for air, giggling because we feel clumsy I look at Charles whose face is full of adoration, leading to my heart stumbling for another time. Maybe it was a good idea to go for this kiss and hopefully, we both will be happy with this interaction tomorrow or we really just fucked up the friendship.

"Let's go inside, you are cold." Charles mumbles, hands gently rubbing over my arms where goosebumps have spread. He is right, I am feeling a little cold, even though the kiss has heated me up, but now I can't hold back a shiver.

Charles wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me close to his body, trying to share some of his body heat while we walk the last meters to the entrance of the building where Charles's apartment is. When we enter the elevator, we can't keep our hands to ourselves, both feeling the desire to touch the other. My hands are both placed on Charles's chest, feeling the strong muscles under the shirt while he has placed his hands just above my ass, keeping me as close as possible to himself while we lean into another kiss.

Almost not realising that we were on the right floor before we stumbled out of the elevator. Drunk giggles leave our lips and when Charles fumbles with his keys I decide to be brave again. Standing on my tiptoes to attach my lips to his neck, I drew a soft moan out of Charles's throat. The sound sends goosebumps over my whole body, and I hope I will hear it more often tonight. There is no longer any thought of fucking up our friendship because this might be the best thing we did in a long time.