Arthur Leclerc [Sick]

A/N Wished by novaeblu3. I hope you like it!

WORDS: 1631

[50]- Woah. Easy, easy. I got you. 
_____

"Hey." I greet Arthur, pressing a quick peck onto his lips while I enter his apartment, escaping from the chilly wind which is blowing unpleasantly outside. Taking my shoes of and hanging my coat onto the little hook on the wall makes me ready for a cosy day where I just plan to cuddle with Arthur and share some kisses with him.

"Hey, are you okay? You look a bit pale today?" His voice sounds concerned and my heart flutters softly at his caring words, loving how he always seems to know when I pretend to be okay when in reality I am not feeling well.

"Yeah, I think I am getting my period a bit earlier this month." I scrunch my face unpleasantly, rubbing softly over my aching lower belly, hating that my period is sometimes unpredictable and just comes earlier or later, making it impossible for me to plan properly.

Arthur wrinkles his forehead, not really believing me that it is my period which is making me seem like I am sick. He never seen me on my first or second day of my period before, which is usually the worst when it comes to cramps or feeling unwell. When we meet during my time of the month, I usually manage to act normal, but I can't act normal with the stabbing pain on the first two days.

"You are clearly in pain." Arthur sounds worried when he follows me into the living room where we would spend the rest of the day cuddling, talking and maybe watch a film or two. A soft wince leaves my lips when I sit down, pulling my legs closer to my chest and trying to breathe the pain away which usually works well for me.

"I am used to it." I explain Arthur that some woman just has pain during their period and some of them just learn to live with the pain. Arthur sits down beside me, wrapping his arm carefully around my shoulder, just like he is scared to touch me properly.

"Just cuddle a bit with me, okay?" I ask Arthur, hoping that he will relax a bit plus that the warmth which his body radiate will help my aching body to relax a bit as well. Arthur gnaws on his lower lip for a moment, before he nods and lays down on the couch, making some space for me so that I can cuddle against his chest.

I grab Arthur's hand, placing it on my lower body and sight softly when the warmth of it already numbs the pain. Arthur does not dare to move in the beginning but after a few minutes he start to draw little pattern onto my lower stomach, making me relax under his touch. His warm hand helps me until another bad cramp roll trough my body, making me wince in pain while I curl my body a bit into a ball.

"You can't tell me that this is normal?" Arthur speaks up again, but I don't trust my voice right now to answer his question. I know that it is terrifying for him to watch me being in pain because of my period but there is not really something he could do against it.

"I take you to the doctor." The young Monegasque decides after some more minutes, sitting up while I stay in my position, holding on to my belly and still try to get rid of the pain. A sight leaves my lips because a period is nothing why you have to go to the doctor, and I try to tell Arthur.

"Arth..."

"No, I want you to get this checked." He immediately interrupts me, not willing to watch me suffering longer and finally do something which would help. I take a deep breath, knowing exactly that this pain is a bit heavier than it normally would be, but I still believe it is just a bad period cramp.

"Fine." I sight, before I sit up, placing my feet onto the ground. When I stand up, I have to hold back a loud groan because some more pain shoots trough my right side. I try to breath slowly, fade out the pain, when my vision gets blurry, and I stumble to the side.

"Woah. Easy, easy. I got you." Arthur catches me, the fear in his voice is audible ad I can feel his fast beating hear against my back because he holds me closely to his chest. I lean into his touch, trying to calm down my own heartbeat because nearly fainting is something I never experienced.

"Maybe it is better if we check this." I finally give in, knowing that this isn't normal, and it would be better if we really get this checked by a doctor who can tell me if this is more than just a bad period pain.

During the trip to the hospital Arthur looks at me for several times, checking if I am still awake while he tries not crash his car. In the emergency room Arthur register, me and explains the nurse what my symptoms are. Rather fast we come into a treatment room and wait for a doctor to examine me.

They take a blood sample, letting the IV stick in my arm if they need to give me some medication and then the doctor finally arrives, introducing himself before he asks me to roll up my shirt. He puts some pressure on different spots of my belly, making me wince in pain when he comes to a certain area. Nodding to himself the doctor pulls the ultrasound closer and starts to investigate my belly.

That he is not speaking at all with me makes me nervous and I look at Arthur who grabs my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze. The pain and everything slowly overwhelm me, and I have to blink away a few tears when the doctor finally speaks up again.

"Your appendix is infected, and we have to get it out as soon as possible." He simply says before he disappears again, leaving me in fear about what is going to happen. How can he just tell me something like this and just leave without letting me ask any questions?

"Arth?" My voice is shivering and not really loud. Now I can't hold back the tears and some of them roll over my cheeks, wetting them with salty stains while Arthur's face loses some of his worry and he tries to look at me comfortingly.

"Shh. I am here." He mumbles, squeezing my hand and letting his other hand brush away the tears from my cheeks while he presses a soft kiss onto my forehead. His behaviour helps me to calm down a bit and when the nurse comes to pick me up, I am almost relaxed again.

Arthur gives me a sweet kiss and then he has to leave me alone so that I can get my operation. The nurse is sweet, explaining me everything that will happen now, helping me to relax. I do not remember much from the next minutes, getting ready for the operation before someone gives me the anaesthesia which lets me sleep in seconds.

When I wake up again, I feel tired and my body his heavy. I blink several times and whine softly when the light first hits my eyes. Finally, I manage to make my vision less blurry and spot Arthur who is sitting beside my bed, watching me with a soft smile.

"Welcome back love." Arthur says, pressing a soft kiss onto my knuckles. He looks like he was worried sick during my operation, but it seems like everything went just fine otherwise he would look even more tired than he already does.

"Hm." I just hum, still needing to wake up properly, feeling hazy probably because of the painkillers they gave me. My fingers start to play with the tube of my IV, but Arthur stops me after a few seconds.

"Hey, stop messing with your IV." He catches my fingers, entwining them with his own again, making me turn my head to look at him again. I try to give his hand a squeeze but because my body is still so heavy it is not really working like I wanted it to.

"They have told me it was a close call, some more hours and your appendix would have ruptured." Arthur eventually speaks up, his voice almost breaking and my heart stumbles and the though of how worried he must have been during the operation.

"Oh..." I mumble when I realise how close it was for being a disaster, just because I though that I have heavier period cramps than I usually have. If would not met up with Arthur today this could have gone terrible wrong but luckily, he was there to safe me.

"Maybe I should listen to you more often." I smile at Arthur, who tries to get another smile onto his lips too. We always joke about me being stubborn and not wanting to listen to other but this time it was a good decision to listen to Arthurs words.

"Maybe you should." He confirms my words before he presses another soft kiss onto my knuckles. I can feel how my eyelids get heavier again even though I do not want to sleep again but it gets harder and harder to hold my eyes open.

"Rest for a bit love. I am here when you open your eyes again." Arthur mumbles, before he lets the fingers of his free hand brush over my cheek which as a calming effect to me and let me slowly drift into a deep sleep again, knowing that Arthur will watch over me during my rest.