Oscar Piastri

A/N And again the driver was suggested by alelealeooo . There is still one scenario left (1. Take a ride on a zipline together). The idea is from a dream I had one or two years ago. 

TAGLIST: LilyHeseltineNew Airwaveee Mi1234ll archivebooks Guineapig98 smallmonsterr

WORDS: 1853

WARNINGS: Violence (shooting, mentions of death, mild injuries)
_____

Shots, shots and screaming people are the sounds that creep into my ears and which pull me into a wave of fear. My heart is beating way too fast and it feels like it is trying to find a way out of my chest.

This was supposed to be a relaxed event, nothing big or thrilling. It was just a get-together, focussed on relaxed conversations and talking about past achievements. But suddenly there was a change in the atmosphere and everything went down a spiral, pulling us all to the ground.

There were shoots cutting through the happy chatting and people started screaming. Out of reflex I ducked onto the floor and crossed my hands above my head to try and protect it.

I didn't fear for myself at that moment, I panicked for the people that were with me. Friends, family and my boyfriend. The fear of losing just one of them tightens my throat and I try to make myself even smaller while little splinters from met furniture dig into my skin.

Only when someone helps me to my feet and tries to talk with me I do manage to come out of my trance. My ears open up and I hear again. The person in front of me shakes me on my shoulders and repeats his words.

"Run!" This time I understand what he says and follow his demand. In the beginning, I stumble a bit, but then I run just like the devil would follow me.

I cross a field and just orientate myself on the other people which run in the same direction. My head is empty, and I act like a robot until I reach a safe place that is filled with many other people.

Ambulances and some police cars are spread over the place where everything seems to be full of chaos. People cry and others hug each other because they made it out of this situation.

Trying to protect myself I wrap my arm around my body and let my gaze wanders from left to right. Search for people I know while I hold back the tears.

As a medic asks me if I need help, I just brush his words off. I am not hurt, I just try to find my people. Try to figure out if everyone made it.

Then my gaze finds a group of people I know. A relieved sight leaves my lips, but then I look at everyone again and realize that the person I wanted to see the most isn't there.

With shaky steps, I walk over to the group, keep hugging myself and get slower with every step I take. It is like an invisible leash holds me back while I step close to the group of boys who usually are happy but just look disturbed now.

"Lando." My voice is weak, and cracks just saying this one name. The one addressed immediately lifts his head and stands up to close the distance between us.

Like someone drowning I hang onto him and can't hold back my crying anymore. Lando holds me close and brings us both to the benches where he sits down to pull me right to his side.

He swings us from side to side while whispering sweet nothings, but I don't hear him. The knot in my throat gets tighter and tighter and slowly I can't breathe anymore.