George Russell [55]

A/N Wished by LilyHeseltineNew. I hope you like it!

TAGLIST: hannah15_f1 evabsmn sooph-sooph-sooph MegTheF1Weirdo

WORDS: 1183

[55]-I'm sorry. Your eyes are just really pretty and distracting.
_____

"Good morning darling. Are you the one who will give me a tour trough the building?" The charming voice of George Russell rips you out of your thoughts while you where reading trough a mail you received earlier that day.

"Do you see anyone else in here?" You ask him with a grin on your lips and George starts to smile to before he looks around the room, playfully searching for a different person which will give him his tour before he looks back to you.

"No? Well, seems like you are stuck with me." A giggle leaves your lips and George can't suppress a laugh either. This is a good start for the tour. You feared that it would be tensed but it feels easy and natural to laugh with George.

"Seems like I am a lucky man." George grins cheeky with a wink and you turn red, not used to being complimented by such a good-looking man or by any man in general. You where never a person which drew the attention of many to you and you kind of lived in the shadows, never been seen by someone so George's behaviour caught you a bit off guard.

"Let's start this tour." You say after you introduced yourself to George and brought back your professional face. It was a surprise for you that you were asked to give George a tour trough the building, but it excited you and since you can't say no anyways you got the job.

"As you know, this is your room where you can have some alone time or usually do your online interviews. Lewis room is right across the hallway." You explain George that this room is just his and that he usually gets some privacy in here. Mercedes wants that their drivers feel as relaxed as possible in the factory and some need alone time for this to be archived.

You guide George down the hallway, explaining him some things like which ways he should take if he is late and which if he wants to buy some time. He is interested in the things you tell him, nods along or asks an additional question. The next stop on your imaginary list is a room where George will spend a lot of time in the future.

"This is the simulator room and..." You start but when you look up you see directly into Georges eyes, and you forget everything you wanted to say. His eyes are bright, watching you carefully but your head is just empty now, not able to think about anything.

"And?" George asks, tilting his head a bit to the side, confused why you stopped in the middle of a sentence. You blink a few times, trying to get back to reality while you feel ashamed that you get distracted by just the look into his eyes.

"I'm sorry. Your eyes are just really pretty and distracting." You mumble, already regretting your words after they left your mouth. It was not your intention to tell George the real reason why you stopped mid sentence. You wanted to make something up, but your mouth was faster than your brain could think.

"Thank you darling." George offers you a genuinely smile making your heart flutter softly. You look at each other for some time, not speaking a word until you come back to reality. This is not the time to daydream you tell yourself, this is about George's factory tour and not about your heart which is playing tricks on you.

"Should we continue the tour?" You ask George, happy that you manage to say this sentence without stuttering. George licks his lips, before he nods slowly. "Sure." He mumbles and you continue the tour, acting like nothing happened. You lead him to the last spot of your tour now and you are kind of happy that your ways will part soon.

"Will you give me your number?" George asks you and you nearly trip over your own feet because his question came out of nowhere. Why would he want your number? There is no reason you can think of why he should be interested in having your number.

"Why?" You ask, a visible frown on your face because you still can't see a reason why he should have your number.

"When I get lost and need someone to save me." A pout appears on Georges lips, and you want to say no but you hesitate. You sight, there is no harm in giving him your number and he will not need it anyway because you are pretty sure he can remember all the things you have shown him today.

"Fine." You mumble an enter the bright cafeteria where George could get his lunch during a long day of work. To food here is great and you do not mind eating here when you have time for it.

"How about we meet for lunch tomorrow?" George asks you another question and for a second you think he didn't say anything, that your head just imagined it, but he looks at you in a waiting manner and you realise he did ask you to go to lunch with him.

"I am not sure if we should do this." You are not sure if a date with George would be appropriate. He is a driver for Mercedes, and it would probably not the best idea if you start a relationship with him. It could stir some bad blood, something you never wanted to be involved in.

"Why? Do you have a boyfriend?" George tries to think of reason you don't want to meet for lunch with him. If you are in a relationship, he would understand that it is not appropriated to ask you for a date but maybe you have another reason.

"No." You sight. There is no boyfriend and there will be none in the near future because you do not have anyone in mind you could come this close to you.

"See, any other excuses?" George asks you and you need to sight again. You do not have an excuse George would accept but there are so many reasons why it would not be a good idea for you to go on a date. Before you can tell George about your concerns someone calls him.

"Hey lover boy, move your ass to the simulator." A man shouts trough the cafeteria leading to everyone looking to the two of you. You blush, hating the attention, while George just rolls his eyes because your conversation has now come to an end.

"Bye darling, duty calls. I'll text you later." With a wink George disappears, leaving you speechless for a moment because now you can't talk yourself out of the situation anymore. When you realise that this means you will have a lunch date with George tomorrow a soft smile spreads on your lips.

"Bye George." You sight, even though he isn't even here anymore and your heart flutters softly something you didn't experienced for a long time but now George is bringing it back.