Carlos Sainz [116+118]

A/N Wished by miaweston424

TAGLIST: Flummie12 sssaaaaraaahhh archivebooks

WORDS: 1502

[116]-Maybe there are no good guys.
[118]-Can you come and get me?
_____

When you leave the restaurant, the cold makes you shiver, but you don't care, you only want to leave this place as soon as possible. What was supposed to be a first date turned out to be pure horror for you. Instead of heaving a nice evening it was a challenge for you to get through it and not run away after the appetiser. With shaky hands you dial the number of your best friend, hoping that he is going to pick up.

"Carlos?" You ask when someone picks up the phone but there is no speaking on the other side. For a second you worry that you have typed in the wrong number, before the groggy voice of the Spaniard comes through the speaker. "Is everything okay?" You feel bad because you have probably woken him up from his sleep. It is late and Carlos tends to go to bed early, enjoying a full night of sleep.

"Can you please come and get me?" You almost whisper, voice sounding as thin and miserable as you feel right now. Since your date picked you up with his car and you don't feel comfortable taking public transport on this time of the day, you hope that Carlos will come and pick you up from here.

"Did something happen?" Carlos asks you, sounding worried and you can hear him walking through his apartment in the background. Not hesitating even, a little bit before he decides to come to your help. Your heart melts at his question and you couldn't be luckier with him as your friend.

"He wasn't really nice." You mumble, fiddling with your fingers while you lower your gaze to the ground. This wasn't the only date that went wrong in the last months. Every time something happened that led to you leaving the date or deciding not to come back for a second. Dates should be something that makes you happy but lately it is quite the opposite.

"Did he hurt you?" Carlos' voice sounds harsh, and you can imagine the stern expression on his face, ready to punish the person who even thinks of hurting you in any way. He is always protective over you and over his friends in general, not letting anyone hurt them when he is around.

"Not physically, but he was just so different from when we texted or had a call." You explain one of the reasons to Carlos why you felt so uncomfortable around your date. He was charming in his text, whispering sweet nothings to you during your calls, but today during dinner there was not a sight of this polite man anymore.

"I am on my way." Carlos promises you just when you hear the door of his house falls close. You let a relieved sight slip over your lips, happy that you don't have to stay here that much longer and that your best friend will come over to save you. "Thank you." Is your mumbled response while pulling your jacket a little bit closer around your body to warm you up.

"Do you want me to stay on the phone with you?" Carlos asks you, connecting his phone to the car in the meanwhile to make it possible for him to keep talking with you. You bite on your lip, hesitating if you could occupy him even more, but you would feel much more comfortable with Carlos being with you during your wait.

"That would be great."

"I will be there in a few minutes." Carlos promises you and the sound of the starting car helps you relax, knowing Carlos is on his way now. "Okay." You smile a little bit and hope there is not too much traffic on his way to you.

During your wait Carlos distracts you with simple things, talks about your family or him telling you things about his dog. Just everything to keep your mind occupied and do not let it wander back to the fail of a date you had this evening. Easing your nerves more and more until you feel not as comfortable as before anymore.

Luckily, it doesn't take Carlos long to arrive at your location, parking his car on the side of the street, before hopping out of his car. Carlos walks over to you, making big steps to reach you quicker, before he wraps his arms around you. You disappear into his embrace, letting his warmth encase you in a warm hug, until you slowly let go of each other.

"Come, I'll take you home." Carlos lays his arm around your shoulder to lead you to his car. You bit onto the inside of your cheek, you don't really want to be alone right now, but at the same time you don't want to disturb Carlos any longer. After hesitating for some more seconds, you speak up again.

"Can I come to yours? I don't want to be alone." Carlos' facial expressions soften when he opens the door of the car for you. "Of course." He smiles and you mumble some words to express how thankful you are for having him with you. You can't be alone right now; your thoughts would be too loud, and you need Carlos to make them silent.

The ride to Carlos's home doesn't take too long and just shortly after you arrive at his apartment you find yourself wrapped in a blanket on his couch with a warm mug of tea in your hands. You feel comfortable and slowly your muscles relax again, after being tense during the whole dinner.

"Was he really that bad?" Carlos asks you, trying to figure out why this date wasn't as you expected it to be. You take a sip out of your mug, trying to find the right words to explain Carlos why this date wasn't a successful one.

"He constantly talked about his ex and why they split up." You say, remembering how your date was talking about how his ex didn't want to have sex with him anymore, what led him to break up with her. Something that disgusted you, there are other solutions for this situation than a breakup, but that's none of your business. The evening continued like this, him always slipping facts about his ex into your conversation and other reasons why he split up with other girls.

"Maybe there are no good guys." You sight, eyes lowered to the mug between your fingers and slowly you really start to believe that there are no good guys around you. Or maybe that you aren't able to find them. Whatever it is, maybe you should stop dating and who knows if you end up with a man or thirty pets around you.

"Maybe you're just not looking in the right direction." Carlos suggests and you frown. "What do you try to say?" You ask him because you don't fully understand what Carlos is trying to say with his words. How can you look in the wrong direction by looking for a partner? You met up with different types of guys, some who looked good, but had a horrible personality and you even dated someone who wasn't even your type, but you thought you could click through other things.

"Well, maybe the good guys are closer than you think." Carlos continues with his cryptic words, and you rub over your temple, not ready to deal with his riddles right now. "You confuse me Carlos." You admit and can observe how Carlos takes a deep breath, gathering his courage, before asking a question with fast words.

"Go on a date with me and I will show you how a good guy would treat you." Your eyes wide in surprise and for a split second you don't know what to say. "Carlos..." Mumbling his name is the only thing you can do right now. There is no way you could go on a date with your best friend. Aren't things like this doomed anyways?

"Just one date and when you don't like it, we can forget about everything again." Carlos proposes and you think about his words. He really could make the perfect partner for you. Not really your type from his looks, but you love his personality, and he treats you well. There is a chance of you clicking on the romantic aspect of your life, even though it does scare you a little bit.

"I think I would really like a date with you." You admit with a shy smile and Carlos starts to grin widely at you. This is like a dream for him right now. Maybe Carlos is the right guy for you, the good guy in your life and you only have to see him from another perspective like he said.

"You and me, picnic under the stars, right now?" Carlos asks and you need to giggle softly because this date sounds like a dream already and because of this there is only one right answer to his question.

"Yes."
_____

Please leave a vote and a comment (: