Dino Beganovic [15+29]

A/N Wished by alelealeooo. It's time for Dino to make his debut 🦕

WORDS: 1578

[15]-How do I make you love me again?
[29]-Why? Because I love you, that's why!
_____

"Another bet boys?" You ask with a laugh when you see Paul handing Dino some money. Every time you come with Dino to a race weekend or somewhere else, these two seem to have made another four bets. Mostly unnecessary things and nothing really big. They equally win and lose but you are still interested about what the bet was this time.

"What was it about this time?" You ask and Paul starts to grin widely, even though he seems to be the one who lost the bet. Dino looks rather uncomfortable but before he can stop Paul the Estonian starts to explain.

"I gave Dino a time limit until he has to get laid again and if you look at his neck this boy had some fun last night." You look at Dino in shock, spotting the hickeys you left on his skin last night. Feeling your heart shatter into pieces because you thought what you shared was something special and not just for him to win a stupid bet.

"You are an asshole, Dino Beganovic!" With and ice could voice you look at the Swedish boy who looks just as uncomfortable in this situation like you feel. But he has no right to feel like this, at least this is what you think. You never thought that Dino would be playing with you and only began to get closer to you because of a bet.

"Come on, it was probably a one-night stand, and nobody got hurt." Paul tries to lighten the mood because he can feel the tension. He thinks that Dino slept with some random girl, but you are about to destroy this thought of Paul.

"Ae you sure about this?" You look at him and can observe how he slowly realises. Looking to Dino, before his eyes glide back to you, spotting the lilac hickey just above your collarbone. Paul has a shocked expression on his face when he gets that someone did get hurt by this.

"Oh..." He mumbles and you turn around, no longer wanting to stay close the person which has hurt you so badly. You manage not to cry, not wanting to do it in public where anybody could see you. With fast steps you walk away from the scenery hating yourself that you were so naïve that Dino really likes you. That he tricked you into this relationship just because Paul wanted to bet onto something so stupid.

"Please wait!" Dino catches up with you, but you don't listen and just walk further away, not even knowing where to go, but you want to bring distance between yourself and what just happened. Your head is empty even though there are so many things you need to think about.

"Love please wait and let me explain." Dino tries again and you suddenly stop walking, looking at him with a stern expression. You want to ignore him, but you also want to say something, telling him how stupid this was or how hurt you feel now.

"Why should I?" Is your only response and you start walking again. You do not want to wait and listen to his explanation. There is no good reason why he thought hooking up with you because of a bet wouldn't result in you being mad at him. You thought this is a relationship, trusted Dino but it turns out this was the wrong decision.

"Why? Because I love you, that's why." He yells and you freeze. Dino never told you that he loves you before and your heart aches because you would love to throw yourself into his arms, cry and talk about what happened, but at the same time you want to yell at him and make clear how much pain you are feeling right now.

"It is not love if you are willing to hurt the other person." You whisper these words, but Dino still understands you. This is the truth; how can you say you love someone when you are willing to hurt them with your actions or your words. Yes, sometimes things just happened but, in this situation, it was not an accident.

"But it wasn't my intention. I wanted to end this bet when I started dating you but soon it was at the back of my head, and I only remembered it when Paul saw the hickeys and congratulated me." Dino explains desperately, walking around you to finally look into your eyes again.

"You have to believe me." He says, grabbing your hands and you want to get them out of his grip, but you can't bring yourself to move. His touch was giving you comfort until this morning but now it only fuels the pain in your heart.

"I don't know if I can believe you." You look to the side not wanting to see his hurt expression. His words sound like something that would happen to Dino, but you can't believe him that easily. It just hurts way too much to simply forget it.

"Please...How do I make you love me again?" Dino's voice is thin and if you would look up you would see some tears shimmer in his eyes. He feels scared that he is going to lose you while you don't know what to do.

"Dino, I am not sure if it is that easy. You broke my trust." You try to explain to him that this isn't something you can easily forget before going back to normal. There was a bond between you which got destroyed because of a bet, a fucking bet just ended your relationship.

"Let me gain it back." Dino pleads, not wanting it to end here but you hesitate. As much as you want Dino in your life you feel nothing but pain when you look at him or even think about him. This isn't going to be an easy way and you don't know if you two are strong enough to get back together.

"You can ignore me, punish me with silence as long as you want to, but I am going to fight for you." You finally look at him, seeing the fear and pain in his eyes that he just lost you. It is like looking into a mirror which displays your feelings, and you have to lower your gaze again.

"I need time Dino." You explain him that you can't go back to normal that easily. That you need to think about this and maybe talk with one of your friends about the situation. Deciding if you can trust Dino again or if it is ruined forever.

"I will wait for you, I promise." Dino offers you a soft smile, but you can't return it. This is going to be a hard time for both of you, but you need to bring some distance between him and you.

In the next weeks Dino gives you space, but still send you invites to his races in case you would like to visit him, talk about everything and maybe even fix things. You don't go to his races, but you watch them, crossing your fingers for him and writing him a message with a congratulations but nothing more.

You have time to think, to discuss things with yourself and a friend and you start to miss Dino. Heart still aching a bit when you think of the bet but even more when you think about the distance between you. After a few weeks you decide to accept one of his invites, not telling him but making plans with Paul who still feels guilty.

The Estonian sneaks you into the paddock where you can watch the race and for the first time in weeks you feel fully happy. Dino wins this race, and you couldn't be prouder of him. You decide to wait in the truck of the drivers for him where he would go to after the podium ceremony.

"Congratulations Dino." You smile at the Swedish boy who just enters the truck, smiling from one ear to the other, beaming at you with happiness. Still, his eyes widen in surprise when he realises who just congratulated him.

"You are here!" He grins even wider, pulling you into his arms and you giggle because he is so full of joy. Dino lets go of you when he realises, he is hugging you and maybe you don't want to hug him.

"Of course, I am." You can't stop smiling, it was the best decision to follow his invitation to this race. There is still a nervous feeling inside of you, but you decide to be brave because the situation seems to be just perfect for your question.

"Interested in a date tonight?" You can observe how surprised Dino is by your question, but he starts nodding before he answers you verbally.

"I would love to go on a date with you." Relieve helps your heart to slow down a bit. There is no reason to be that nervous but you where scared that he isn't going to say yes to a date. That he is no longer interested in you, but he is.

"Just a kiss for the winner." You mumble before you stand on your tip toes to press a soft kiss onto Dino's cheek which is slowly turning red because of the affection you give him. While you finally feel happiness again Dino can think about nothing but that this is the best day in his life.

_____
🦕🦕🦕🦕🦕
Just some Dino's walking by to brighten your day and remember you to leave me a vote and maybe a comment (: