Chapter 57

F*ck.

I leap backward, landing in front of Inumaki, who is at least standing.

"Sh*t," I mutter quietly under my breath before turning up to face the Cursed Spirit again. An army of swords dangles from the air, all around the Spirit protectively.

I can notice the decrease in Cursed Energy inside of me from using the Technique. The battle is about to get harder.

"Tuna... takana," Inumaki suddenly, gently pushes me out of his way. I raised my eyebrows, wondering what he was up to.

Please don't do anything stupid to get yourself killed. Gojo-Sensei said to keep you safe. So please don't.

I watch as Inumaki takes small steps towards the Spirit, who isn't moving or reacting in any way. My hands and Energy are ready to try and conjure another Technique if I need it.

"Explode!" As soon as the words leave his mouth, most, if not all, items blast away, leaving behind only small piles of ashes. The rocks, swords, and axes, are all gone. Now, we can just focus on the Spirit. Finally.

But Inumaki sways on his feet, his hands gripping his neck in a pained way. Blood pours out from his mouth as he falls to the ground on his knees.

"Inumaki?" I step in front of him, away from the Spirit's view. He replies with another painful cough, blood spraying onto the floor.

At that moment, I can only think of one thing to do. Another domain expansion. But I have already used up a lot of my Cursed Energy from the Technique, and I know that Inumaki will also be affected by the Domain. I might even fail the Expansion.

But then again, I can't just rush at the Spirit. It'll leave Inumaki free to attack. I sigh from frustration as I fail to create a better plan to save us both.

"Ngh- Inumaki," I sigh again, putting a hand to my face, "Sorry but just deal with it, okay?"

Before I hear his reply, I focus on the Cursed Energy and the space around me. The Spirit senses the change in the atmosphere and lunges for me angrily. His arms are outstretched, aimed at my neck and face.

"..."

Domain Expansion: Infinite Darkness

Black walls creep up around us, its smooth surface reflecting our violent energy. The floor turns into the smooth, black material I saw before. The air immediately goes cold, the weight of its pressure feeling heavy on our shoulders.

Just as the Domain is completed, the Spirit crashes onto me. Or more like where I used to be. By the time the Spirit stood back up confidently, I had made my way behind him, gun pointed at his back. Without hesitation, I fire whatever bullets I have left, piercing bloody holes through his cape. One of the bullets goes right through the stitches on his shoulder, popping them open and releasing the arm.

The limb falls to the hard ground lifelessly. The Spirit turns to me, its left arm now gone. I notice how it doesn't regenerate.

I step backward with a small grin as I see something flicker on the walls. As several images blink to life, the Spirit's pale, blank eyes widen in fear and surprise.

A low voice comes from one of the scenes, 'Surgery at room 301.'

A man is hurriedly rolled into the room, blood coating his arm.

(545 words)

so sorry i didn't announce the late update :I