Chapter 28

"Unless you can read minds somehow,"

"Wait, what-" Panda's jaw dropped; something I had seen him do plenty of times.

"You- you, read minds?" Panda asks, double-checking the fact. I nod. Isn't that what I just said? Maki puts on her 'I knew it' face and looks away.

"Like, you're doing it right now?" Panda asks, still looking surprised.

"Nah. It's tiring to do it all the time," I answer honestly, then add, "But I can,"

[God, that's cool]_Panda

[Was she trying to hide the fact?]_Inumaki

[No wonder]_Maki

"So you'll be fine sparring 3 vs 1?" Panda gives me a mischievous smile.

"Shake," Inumaki plays along with Panda, shooting me the same look.

"What?" Isn't 3 vs 1 a little too hard? I mean, Gojo-sensei would probably find it easy, but I'm not even half as good as him. Actually, scratch that. I'm barely near his skill level. However, before I can protest, the three already start closing up on me, blocking any path of escape.

I let out a small sigh and say, "Fine," I guess having a challenge every once in a while is beneficial to my learning.

Time Skip

A small tip: blocking your sense of hearing with Cursed Energy makes Inumaki's Cursed Speech useless against you (most of the time)

The thing about that? It's hard to concentrate on your ears and fight at the same time.

I just learned that about two minutes ago. Panda, Maki, and Inumaki are lying down on the fresh grass, breathing hard. Sweat rolls down Maki and Inumaki, and I can't imagine how hot it must be for Panda.

"Okaka..." Inumaki mutters, frustrated. He's been like that since his third 'don't move' didn't work on me. 

"Well... I won, so..." I stand up, hands in my pockets, and walk towards the building. It's way too hot outside. I need air conditioning.

"Don't move,"

"F*ckkkkk..." I grumble as my body stops listening to me, stopping in place.

"Panda, sujiko ikura," Inumaki smirks, and calls Panda over. Panda skips over to me and picks me up easily with one hand.

'Put me down,' I want to say, but my mouth is frozen as well.

"Takana!" Inumaki puts up two fingers, looking determined and excited.

[Round 2!]_Inumaki

[Again?]_Maki

[Haneki, just let Inumaki win so that he'll stop]_Maki

I look in Maki's direction, greatly considering her advice. Then I turn to face Inumaki and Panda again, who are talking to each other about how to win me.

Suddenly, I feel the way-too-familiar feeling on my neck again. As always, blood starts streaming down my neck, and I can feel the thick liquid going down my shoulders and back.

"Haneki! You okay?" Panda starts panicking, and if I could, I would have rolled my eyes at his reaction.

[Is this a side effect of Inumaki's Cursed Speech?]_Maki

[Did I... do that?]_Inumaki

After a few seconds, the effect slowly wears off, until I'm free to move again. I put a hand against the opened wound, touching the blood. My hand is red when I look back at it. Where's Itami, though? Shouldn't he have come out already? Isn't the ripped scar a sign of his appearance? Where is he?

"Just letting you know: I didn't do anything," Maki raises both her arms into the air and steps back.

[Is she okay?]_Maki

Hmm. Maki is actually worrying. That's new.

"I'm fine," I reassure them, "It happens all the time,"

"You sure? 'cause the scar looked really old," Panda points out.

[This isn't a normal rip of a scar]_Panda

I wordlessly cover my head and neck with the hood, not enjoying the attention. Then, I feel a second wave of pain as the healing scar blasts open once again. This time, I feel a lump escaping my body through the new opening. It doesn't feel nice.

"...!" Maki and Panda immediately go into stance. Maki has her polearm-type weapon ready, pointing the tip right above my head. She grabs the red, wooden part of the weapon hard, making her knuckles turn white. Panda has his fists up, a serious expression on his face for once. Inumaki stands still and calm, as he had already seen this happen to me before.

"Long time no see," His voice alone is enough to make my veins boil in anger.

"F*cking piece of sh*t," I growl, glaring above my head.

Itami just stares at me, looking amused by my reaction

(697 words)

Sry for the late update. i was on vacation for the past days and i didnt bring my computer