Chapter 33

I sputter up blood as my back hits the wall behind me. When I look up again, the Spirit is holding the chainsaw. In front of me. F*ck.

I swiftly scan the room, trying to find a way to get away from the Spirit and save the other person.

"Krrr!!!" The Spirit launches itself onto me, leaving my right side empty, and I jump away just in time. However, the Spirit did manage to slice my arm off.

The woman lets out a worried noise, "Mmm?!" and stares at me with wide eyes.

[Are you okay?!]_???

I nod, shrugging off the pain. My arm regenerates almost instantly.

[What the hell?]_???

[How did human do that?]_Spirit

"Krr?" Even the Spirit looks confused; it stares at me like I just grew an extra head. I take its confusion as an advantage and charge at the Spirit, knocking the chainsaw out of its hand. I don't hesitate, and start punching the Spirit—revenge for my arm.

"Krr!" The Spirit looks surprised by my attack, and before it can counter me, I had beaten it up to death. Nothing lay under me anymore. Then I stand up, pushing my hair out of the way, and look in the direction of the other person.

"Mm..." She groans from pain, her eyes are half-closed. I walk up to her and look at the state she is in. I can tell she will probably die of blood loss if not treated. Her lips are turning an even deeper shade of purple, and the blood has begun to dry and flake off. Her left leg is cut just above her knee, and her right arm is missing entirely. I look around and spot a lifeless arm just a few feet away from me. There are bite marks along the limb with blood pouring out like ketchup from a bottle. I look back at her arm, the attached one. Peering closer, I see something sticking out; her bone, perhaps. And there are smaller cuts all around her body, especially on her arm and neck.

"Mnn!" She tries telling me something, but her voice is blocked.

[Take these off my mouth, please!]_???

I reach up to her mouth, seeing that the staplers were bothering her the most. Steadying my hands, I take one out slowly and earn a muffled yelp of pain. 

[Please hurry]_???

I nod and quicken up the process. With every line that comes off, the screams grow more audible, and her consciousness fades.

"How old are you?" I ask, trying to keep her awake.

"Mehtehmn," She mumbles through her shut mouth.

[Nineteen]_???

"Uh, what's your name?"

[Ichika]_???

"Ichika. How did you get here?" I continue asking. She looks a bit annoyed at all the questions, but at least she's awake.

[Are you reading my mind?]_Ichika

She asks a question of her own, and I nod an answer. I guess she still has the consciousness to notice that. 

[Huh]_Ichika

Then I take out one more stapler from her lips. Suddenly, her mouth rips open, and the remaining three staplers pop out, landing just a few inches away from my feet.

"Gaaaaahhhh!!" A piercing scream escapes her, along with a lump of flesh that I recognize as her tongue. The lifeless tongue lands on the ground with a wet thud and stays motionless. I half expect it to start wriggling. Blood pours out afterward, such a huge amount that I'm surprised she didn't die of blood loss already. Or maybe she's just that close to death.

(562 words)

sry. this chapter is a bit short. 

and sorry, my updates have been getting slower. hw is taking over my time nowadays :/