Chapter 39

"Well, you should be able to use some of the powers that I use," Gojo-sensei smiles, the once obvious seriousness and nervousness gone, "You know, the ones passed down in my, I mean, our family,"

"Okay...?" I answer, starting to see where this conversation was heading.

"So I'm just gonna see if you can do some of the stuff that I can do," Gojo-sensei starts circling around me, and gives a quick pat on my shoulders.

Then he adds on, "I'm sure the powers you have right now are the ones you share with Itami, not your own," I nod, and start listening to his talking.

Time Skip

New things I learned to do in the 3 hours I had with Gojo-sensei (who, by the way, is apparently my brother):

Cursed Technique Lapse: Blue

Cursed Technique Reversal: Red

Limitless (but I don't have full control over it as I didn't inherit the Six Eyes)

And as for Domain Expansion... I gave up on that. Yeah...

"Well, I'm sure you'll learn to do it yourself soon," Gojo-sensei says as we head outside to the training grounds, where Maki is already warming up.

"What were you two doing for so long?" Maki asks, scrunching her face a bit, "I had to wait almost an hour,"

"At least we're here," He answers, shrugging, then adds, "And guess what?" Maki turns in his direction, a bored expression on her face.

"What?" She asks, slightly raising her eyebrows.

[We have a mission together?]_Maki

"Haneki and I are related!" Gojo-sensei exclaims excitedly, putting an arm around my shoulders and patting my head. Maki's jaws drop as her head slowly turns to look at me instead. I shrug and avoid her gaze by looking at the grass below me.

[What the f*ck?!]_Maki

"Really?" She asks after a ridiculously long period of silence. Gojo-sensei and I nod at the same time.

"Oh..." Maki starts peering at our faces, then looks in my direction, a smirk on her face, "Told you you two look similar,"

I sigh under my breath, no exact counter-argument coming to mind.

"Anyways," Gojo-sensei says, finally changing the topic, "I just want you and you to train together and maybe even help Haneki find out more of the powers she can use," He points at us one by one, then turns around, hand in pockets.

"I'll be back in about an hour," He reminds us before disappearing. Probably off to do a mission or something.

"So," Maki smiles at me, "You and Sensei are brother and sisters? Or is he your fa-"

"Brother," I cut her off before her sentence finishes, "Obviously," Suddenly, Maki starts smiling, which makes me confused.

She takes in a deep breath and asks, "So should I call you Gojo Haneki n-"

"Shut up," I immediately say as I land a smack on her head.

Time Skip

"Maki~ Haneki~" I turn around in the middle of a practice battle with Maki as I hear Panda's voice behind me. I spot Panda and Inumaki walking toward us.

[Finally!]_Maki

"Haneki! Watch out!" Panda suddenly yells. I turn back around just in time to see Maki's weapon, a pair of metal nunchucks, come flying near my shoulder. I don't bother to raise my arms as it is obvious that they will hit me anyways. I shut close my eyes as I wait for the impact.

But it doesn't come.

"What...?!" I hear Maki's confused voice, making me open my eyes.

"Takana?" Inumaki yells as he and Panda start to run.

"Yeah," I answer, tilting my head a bit, "I'm fine,"

"That was a strong blow," Panda worries as he stops next to me and inspects my shoulders.

[Nothing broken. No blood. No wounds...]_Panda

Maki touches my shoulder once, then tilts her head, and pokes my back. She continues poking me in different spots, which annoys me a bit.

"What?" I ask, "What are you doing?"

"I thought I just felt the Infinity thing that Sensei has on you," Maki says, "That's why I couldn't hit you,"

"But only descendants of the Gojo line can possess the Infinity," Panda recalls, looking as equally confused as Inumaki.

"Oh yeah, Sensei just told me that Haneki is his sister," Maki suddenly says, looking at me.

"Yeah..." I say.

[Gojo Haneki!]_Inumaki

I glare at Inumaki and warn, "But don't you guys f*cking dare call me Gojo,"

(685 words)