Chapter 11

I'm at the Sumida River quite soon, and there are only a few people nearby: Taking walks, fishing, or just laying around. I run towards the small bridge, pushing people out of the way.

A few people shout at me, "Hey!" But I ignore them and continue running. Once I'm at the bridge, I notice that Itami was chasing me all along. I angrily glare at him. Even before my death (that will hopefully happen), I had to see his stupid face. But he keeps quiet and out of my reach, so I decided to leave him alone. Then I look around, checking if anyone was paying attention to me. No one. Good. Then I jump into the cold, rushing river, leaving behind just a small splash of water.

'Cold!' I curl up my body into a small ball. I don't bother trying to hold my breath and let out an airless sigh.

'Finally,' I think, sinking further and further down the river. Why didn't I think of drowning before? No wounds, probably no pain; it would be a peaceful death. I open my eyes, wanting to see the scenery. Fishes swim past me, and small pieces of litter float around. I reach out my hand to touch a small, silver, fish zooming past. Everything feels quiet and calm for a few seconds before I run out of air completely. I cough and choke on the water. The cold water rushes into my empty lungs, making me cough even more.

'Yes!' I think happily, 'This is it,' Then I hear a small splash and see that Itami is in the water with me. He is quiet, but I think it's because he's in the water. 

'Told you this would work,' I want to say, but of course, I can't at the moment. He rolls his giant eye and swims closer to me. With a swift move, he is inside of me again, and I regret my decision on not punching him one last time. Then the water around me suddenly turns a deep shade of red, and I realize the scar must have ripped again. It always does when Itami comes in and out of me. And it's the most annoying thing ever. I roughly touch the bloody wound with my hand and pry for it to open up more. At least my death won't be that peaceful anymore. The last thing I see before I close my eyes is something blackish purple zooming past the water above me. A bird, maybe. Then I slip into unconsciousness, and everything goes black.

(421 words)

Sry that it's so short.