Chapter 40

Massive Time Skip

"Shake shake tuna!" I wake up from another nightmare from Inumaki's cheerful voice.

"F*ck..." I mumble as I run a hand through my messy hair, pushing it back for me to see what was going on. A short flashback of the dream replays in my head; short images of Hakuto's body, blood on my hand, and the knife. My fists clench tightly enough for blood to start trickling down my palms. I hear my breaths getting louder, and I make out a blurry silhouette of Maki in front of me.

I see her mouth move, talking to me, but everything sounds like the crackle of fire.

"Haneki, are you okay?" I finally hear her ask after a few seconds of complete silence. I nod my head and sigh, ashamed for them to see me in such a vulnerable state.

I clear my throat with a short cough and answer with a plain, "I'm fine," as I stand up, leaving behind small drops of blood.

"Jeez, stop doing that," Maki sighs, holding up my hand. I shrug and pull my arm away, wiping the blood away on a towel that sits on my chair.

"Takana," Inumaki says, making an unapproving noise as he looks down at my hand.

"Anyways," I ask, changing the topic, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Shake, tuna mayo sujiko!" Inumaki answers as he walks out of my room. Maki and I follow him out, where Panda is waiting for us.

[There's a new student coming today!]_Inumaki

"Now?" I ask, and all three of them nod. Isn't it a bit late? I mean, the semester started a few months ago.

"All we know right now is that he's a boy, and he got kicked out of his old school," Maki adds.

We arrive in an empty classroom, and take our spots in the first row, side by side of each other.

"I wonder if the new student will be strong," Panda asks, breaking the silence.

"Shake ikura takana tuna tuna," Inumaki guesses, shrugging.

[He should be strong if the school decided to accept him this late]_Inumaki

"Didn't understand a thing you said but, sure," Maki teases Inumaki, earning a small frown. She then looks at me expectedly.

I sigh and translate what Inumaki had just said, "He says the new student will be strong," Then I turn my head in the direction of the door as I hear faint voices.

"Are they here?" Panda asks. I nod. I then activate my power, enabling myself to see through the walls. I spot Gojo-sensei, full of Cursed Energy as usual. Next to him is a boy wearing a white uniform.

"?!" I'm taken back a bit by the amount of Cursed Energy I see in him, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say he had more than Sensei.

"What happened?" Maki asks, sensing my small change in position, "Is he bad?"

"You can see for yourself," I say and lean back on the chair as the door opens. Maki, Inumaki, and Panda tilt forward, impatiently waiting for the new student.

"Good morning!" Gojo-sensei greets us with his usual smile, "I'll now be introducing..."

The air tenses up.

"The transfer student! Everyone, get excited!" He shouts, already excited.

[Here I go...]_???

Silence. Then, the door slides open. The atmosphere immediately turns cold as he steps in. I could feel the Cursed Energy overflowing out of him as darkness surrounded the boy.

[Huhhh?!]_??????

Next to me, Maki's eyes open wide, and her hand drops onto the table. Shock is embedded into Inunaki's expression as his body freezes. Panda's face scrunches up as he senses danger. As I look at the Cursed Energy swirling around the student, I see something unusual. A Curse. The Curse is huge, almost thrice the size of its vessel, and has its hands held protectively around him. While I'm observing this, Maki, Inumaki, and Panda get ready in battle stance. Maki holds out her polearm sword, Panda has his fists up, and Inumaki has his hands resting on his scarf.

The boy begins to introduce himself, "I'm Okkotsu Yut-"

Then they charge at him.

(659 words)

Heh. yuuta is here!

sry about not updating for 6 days... sry