Chapter 15

Inumaki and Fushiguro quietly leave the room, and I'm suddenly alone with Gojo-san.

'Am I in trouble?' I think, lowering my gaze to the floor.

"Toge and Megumi already know this stuff, so I'm just gonna explain it to you," He says, getting comfortable on the chair right in front of me. He turns the chair around and rests his arms on my table. Guess I'm not in trouble?

Time Skip

For the next hour, Gojo-san explained to me the concepts of Cursed Energy and a bunch of other stuff. He said everyone has some amount of Cursed Energy inside of them, including me.

"So my next task is to find out what you can do," He says and stands up.

"Gojo-san," I called him back, "What can you do?" If he was a teacher of Sorcery, he should have some massive power, right?

"First, call me Sensei," He corrected me, "I'm your teacher now,"

"Sensei," I say, rolling my eyes. Then he spent another 30 minutes explaining what he could do. There was a thing called Limitless, which sounded quite cool. He could make do Domain Expansion, and make some balls of energy. Then his eyes. He took off the blindfold, showing bright, blue eyes. Clear yet deep. Apparently, they help him not run out of Energy during battle. Pretty useful.

"So, your turn," He says at last.

Mini Time Skip

"Interesting," Gojo-sensei comments, "So what am I thinking right now?"

"You want to finish this and go bother someone called Nanami," I say, reading his mind, "Who is Nanami? Funny name, if you ask me," Gojo-sensei had concluded that I could read minds, see the flow of Cursed Energy throughout one's body and object, and maybe some other stuff too.  I guess that's nice.

"Hmm..." He puts on a thoughtful face and says, "Now try again," I sigh, but do as I'm told.

"Umm... you want to cap? no cake," I say, tilting my head, "Wait. That doesn't make sense," Something felt different this time. Some words weren't going inside my head, and it felt... blocked?

"Looks like I'm safe from your mind reading," He lets out a laugh and smiles big. I hate that smile so much.

"How?" I ask, curiosity taking over, "I could read it a second ago,"

"I turned my Limitless off the first time," He answered, shrugging, "Didn't know it would make a difference, but, here we are!"

"Sensei," I hear Fushiguro's voice from outside the classroom.

"Hm?" Gojo-sensei walks over to the door and opens it. A woman that looks like she could seriously use some sleep comes in and earns a curious look from Gojo-sensei.

"What are you doing here?" He asks, "You never come up here,"

"Seeing my new patient," She says, not giving him even the slightest glance. Then she walks over to me.

"Hello. I'm Ieiri Shoko, the doctor at the school," She introduces herself, putting on a friendly smile. I nod and shake her hand when she reaches them out to me.

[So this is my new research project] I hear her think, and I get a bit annoyed at that thought; I'm not just a 'project' to work on.

"So you're the reason why I'm not allowed to die?" I ask her, raising my eyebrows.

"In a way, yes," She says and starts circling me.

Gojo-sensei walks over to Ieiri-san and puts a hand on her shoulder, "The Spirit is quite interesting. Thought you'd want to know," And walks out of the classroom.

"Interesting?" Ieiri-san looks at me with curious eyes, "Let's see what that dumbhead is talking about,"

[Show me the Spirit!] Her mind is screaming.

"I can't," I tell her, shrugging.

"What do you mean, you can't?" She says, tilting her head and scrunching her face a bit.

"He comes out when he wants to," I explain, "I can't control him,"

"That dumb*ss," Ieiri-san says under her breath. Her thoughts are aimed at Gojo-sensei, criticizing his 'lack of teacher-ness'

She lets out a big sigh and says, "He should have taught you how to control him,"

"Can you teach me?" I ask her as politely as I can. I've had enough Gojo-sensei for the day. I could really use someone new.

She is quiet for a while, but soon nods, saying, "Sure,"

[F*ck. More work]

(685 words)

[ ] is the thought Haneki is reading btw