Chapter 29

Itami looks down at me, veins flickering happily.

"What the fu-" Maki staggers backward, like she's taken back just by his presence alone.

"Go back in," I say weakly, tired of looking at him already.

"I don't think I will," He says, starting to float around, "It's been a long time since I was out, you know? I'll just enjoy the fresh air a bit. And introduce me to these new people, will you?" Itami now hovers above Maki's head, ignoring the constant looks of disgust shot at him.

"Hmm. You don't have enough Cursed Energy to use as your own, do you?" He asks innocently, "The glasses help you see me," He earns a growl of anger.

"Shut up, eyeball," She hisses at him.

"I can help you. Just let me in yourself. Then you can use my Cursed Energy as yours," Itami proposes, spiraling around Maki.

"Don't," I call out to him, sounding threatening, "Unless you want me to finally use that flame thrower on you. I'd be glad," Itami lets out a small shriek before leaving Maki. If Itami earned access to Maki's body, I doubt she will be able to resist his control. With her amount of Cursed Energy, she might even die.

"Haneki..? What is that?" Panda whispers into my ear. I flinch a little at his sudden presence. Itami adventures the surroundings, looking quite happy. It makes me annoyed.

"That's... Itami," I answer hesitantly, "He's a Cursed Spirit,"

"I can see that," Maki comments bitterly, "F*cking eyeball,"

"He's what Maki senses in you, isn't it?" Panda asks. I nod.

"He seems good though. Looks happy to be out," Panda whispers to me, slightly shrugging his shoulders.

"How the f*ck does he seem good?" I snap, "He's just a piece of sh*t,"

'He f*cking killed Hakuto,' I want to say. I hold it back, though.

"Woah, language," Panda laughs awkwardly. I glare at him, venom in my eyes.

"No Cursed Spirit is good," I conclude, the edge of my voice is sharp.

"Who knows," Panda mutters quietly. I ignore him. 

"So, Haneki," Itami floats back to my side, "When are you going to introduce your new friends?"

"Just shu- ngh... fine," I stop myself as I realize I'm not getting anywhere with him, "That's Maki, Panda, and Inumaki. Happy now?"

"Yes," Itami lets out an amused laugh.

"Then go back in," I say. Then I focus on controlling the Cursed Energy I share with Itami. In only a few seconds Itami is gone again, back into my body. I shudder a bit from the feeling I'm not quite used to yet.

"Oh! He's gone," Panda looks around with an expression of curiosity on his face.

"I didn't want to see his stupid face anymore," I mumble quietly, giving my eyes a slight roll.

"Tuna, Fushiguro!" Inumaki suddenly shouts, looking behind me. I turn around, glad for the change in topic, and see Fushiguro walking slowly toward us.

"Senpai, are you okay?" Fushiguro asks me, his eyes flickering to the blood on my hands. His gaze lingers there for a moment before looking back at me.

And for some reason, Fushiguro started calling all of us 'senpai' now. Kind of feels weird. I'm sure Gojo-sensei made him do it, just like he made me call him 'sensei'.

"Yeah," I answer, scratching the back of my neck a bit. When I feel the closed scar beneath my touch, it makes me want to pick at it again. I reluctantly bring my hand away from my neck, not wanting to hear any more nagging from the others.

"Sujiko, tuna mayo?" Inumaki taps my shoulders slightly.

[Anyways, about round 2]

"Uh, you can do that with Fushiguro," I push Fushiguro forward, glad to have a substitute.

Fushiguro starts to protest, "Wait, what-"

"Good luck. Have fun," I put my hands in my pockets and walk away, leaving a confused Fushiguro behind with an excited Inumaki.

(625 words)