Chapter 53

"Sujiko, konbu takana?"

I flinch as I snap my head towards the voice. It's Inumaki.

"Oh," I sigh, lightly scratching the back of my neck. I feel blood on there, too.

"Takana," Inumaki asks again, in a worried voice, "Ikura, tuna?"

[Sorry. Did I scare you?]_Inumaki

"It's okay, just surprised..." I answer.

'I killed him,'

I clench my eyes close as a flashback of my dream, or more like my nightmare, replays in my head. The blood-stained knife. The dead bodies. The horrified eyes. Itami.

"F*ck..." I mutter, unconsciously scratching a long wound over the side of my face. Blood drips from my chin, pooling over my legs.

"Okaka!" Inumaki shouts, grabbing my wrist. He has a stern and worried face. He lightly touches my face when the skin closes up.

[Stop doing that...]_Inumaki

"Can't help it," I say, shrugging. Inumaki sighs as he puts his hand down, and stands up to open the curtains.

I groan at the sudden brightness, "Ngh..."

"Shake, tuna tuna!" Inumaki says brightly, "Ikura,"

[Finally. You need some light]_Inumaki

I don't say anything as I get up and put my uniform on, pulling the hood down until most of the light is blocked out. I walk towards the curtains and reach out a hand to close it again. This is too f*cking bright.

"Okaka," Inumaki says, blocking my way.

"It's bright..." I mutter, turning away. I pull out some tissue and wipe the blood off my hands. I eye the blood-covered sheets on my bed, but decide to just leave it there.

"What time is it?" I mumble, running a hand through my hair. Inumaki holds up seven fingers. D*mn that's earlier than I thought it would be.

"Haneki!" Someone calls me from outside. I think it is Maki.

"Hm?" I open the door and, yep, it's Maki.

"Tuna?" Inumaki leans over my shoulder and waves at her.

"Oh, you're here too," She says. It sounds more like a question. She eyes us wordlessly.

"So," I say, breaking the uncomfortable silence, "Why are you here?"

"Gojo-sensei wanted me to check up on you," She replies. I look at Inumaki. Him?

"I mean in you," She rolls her eyes in an amused way.

"Oh," I look back at Maki, "Well, I'm fine,"

She raises an eyebrow unbelievingly, but says, "Okay," then adds, "What's up with all the blood though?"

"Nothing," I reply, a little too quickly, "What blood?" She eyes me with suspicion.

"Let me see," She takes a step forward, trying to get in my room. I block her way. I don't want her to start nagging about the blood. Maki looks at me with frustration in her eyes. I feel Inumaki's nervous glances at us from the back.

"Haneki," She says, "I'm just gonna check-"

"Nope," I cut her words, "Nothing to check here. Let's go," Why is she being about clingy this subject? It's none of her business anyway.

"Toge," She says, "That's not true, right?"

[Do I say the truth? Will Haneki get mad? What do I say?]_Inumaki

[But it's better for her, right?]_Inumaki

He starts nervously, "Uh... o-"

I turn my head towards him and open my mouth to shut him up. But right at that moment, she takes my distraction as an advantage and gets past me. F*ck.

She corners me against the wall, standing in front of me.

"Gojo-sensei said something was up," She says, "What is it?"

"...nothing?"

She sighs and pulls down my hood, "Then what's this?" I realize with a groan that I didn't clean the blood on my neck. I raise a hand to pull my hood back up. But Maki stops me, grabbing my wrist with a little too much force and pinning it to the wall right next to my head. I flinch in surprise.

She pokes my neck, hand, and the side of my face, eyeing the stains of red liquid. I don't bother to try to escape her grasp. Why waste energy if she already knows?

"You seriously got to stop doing that. It won't do anything," She sighs, letting me go, "You know how much Sensei cares about you since you're his sister and everything,"

I don't say anything.

Maki mutters something under her breath, and heads out the door again, "Let's go, Sensei is waiting for you two,"

Mini Time Skip

"Finally," Gojo-sensei says as he sees us, "What took so long?" He and Panda are standing in the fields.

"Haneki," Maki answers, rolling her eyes. Panda laughs.

"I can believe that," Sensei laughs, "Anyways, I got a mission for you guys," 

"Maki and Panda will go together while you two," He points at me and Inumaki, "Will be together,"

(732 words)

sry i know this chapters a little boring but yea