Chapter 51

Then we're back in the building we started in. I look around and see Gojo-sensei. He looks... anxious? Then he spots us too.

"Haneki! Yuta!" His face immediately brightens up, and welcomes us with a smile on his face, "You guys are back!"

"Yeah," I say, wiping more blood off of my hands. From the corner of my eyes, I catch Okkotsu still looking a bit shaken up from his experience in my Domain.

His mind still mutters her name.

[Rika...]_Okkotsu

Then I realized something.

[Whew... she's safe]_Gojo-sensei

Wait I can read his mind now? I reach out a hand at Gojo-sensei and, ignoring the confused stare from him, pull it back as I still feel the Limitless. Guess I'm getting better at this now.

"Anyway, let's go back," Gojo-sensei says, looking at my arm, "gotta get those out," I look away, remembering the thorns are probably still in there.

Time Skip

"Sit," Ieiri-san tells me, pointing at a stool. I do as she says. She then takes my arm, tilting her head.

"It's inside?" She asks, slightly poking my arm with her fingers. I nod.

"The thorn is inside?" She asks again as if she can't believe it.

"Yes," I answer. Ieiri-san sighs a bit.

[How the f*ck did those get in there?]_Ieiri-san

I shrug, "Long story,"

"Huh," She says, "Well this is going to take... a long time so start talking if you want," She then takes out a sharp scalpel.

"So... where is it?" She asks, brushing the scalpel lightly against my skin.

"Uhh," I focus my Cursed Energy on my eyes, enabling myself to look into my arm. I spot a few tens of thorns stuck in my muscles. I start pointing at the multiple different spots.

"...how many is that?" She asks with a small sigh.

I turn my arm around to see the back of my arm, wincing as I say, "A few,"

[D*mn]_Ieiri-san

She raises the scalpel again, "Well... let's start, shall we?" 

She rests the blade on my skin, just below my wrists. With a smooth cut, the skin opens up. And closes just as fast.

"Oh yeah, forgot you could do that," She says. I notice a hint of frustration in her voice, "Can you try controlling that?"

"Maybe," I say, almost in a mutter. Regeneration is still the hardest to control. Without any warning, Ieiri-san cuts open the skin again and sighs as it disappears.

[This is gonna be hard]_Ieiri-san

"Do you know a better way?" She asks, putting the scalpel down and crossing her arms.

"Uhh, Cursed Energy?" I answer unsurely.

"Mhm?" She looks at me for more of an explanation.

"Put some Cursed Energy onto the scalpel while cutting it," I say, pointing at my arm, "It takes longer to regenerate,"

Mini Time Skip

Finally, after a few more trials and errors, Ieiri-san was able to take out all of the thorns.

"Go rest now," She tells me, standing up, "Must have been a tiring mission for you,"

[With your new Domain Expansion]_Ieiri-san

How did she hear about that?

I'm not feeling particularly tired, but I nod, muttering a small, "Okay," I walk out of the room, cross the long hallway, and into my room. I sit down on the side of my bed and inspect my arms. No scars, no blood, no thorns.

D*mn I miss those thorns already.

With a sigh, I lie down on my bed. I rummage through the small cabinet beside me until I find what I'm looking for.

My eyes look at the picture of Hakuto. My hand slowly traces his outline.

If only Itami didn't kill him. If only I hadn't allowed him in. If only I ignored him. If only I hadn't met him at all. If only I didn't sneak out that night. If only I had killed myself when I had the chance. If only Hakuto didn't beg to keep me. If only the family hadn't found me. If only I had died on the streets that day. If only I wasn't born.

Guilt fills my head as I visualize what Hakuto's life could have been like if I wasn't there. He could have lived.

"It's all my fault," I mutter.

'It's all... your fault...!'

'Your fault...'

Natsuki's last words crash into my head, leaving me quiet. The scene of her death replays in my head like a videotape. Clenching my eyes shut, I quickly put the picture back to its spot, and try to sleep.

Very Mini Time Skip

"She killed Hakuto!" Natsuki's voice rings around the room. Mom and Dad stare at me with shock in their eyes.

"..." I'm quiet, the knife in hand reflects the family's horrified faces. My mouth is a thin line, and my eyes are blankly staring at their reactions.

"What! Did! You! Do!!!" Mom yells at me, each word a shout of hate.

"Can't you see?" I say, twirling the knife around my fingers, "I killed him,"

My mouth curls up in an amused way. The knife is raised.

(789 words)

sry this chapters a little boring :I

and the cover will be updated

thank u guys for the votes :D

Abandoned | Jujutsu KaisenOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara