Exotic Insects

Koga woke up in the knight's barracks to the birds singing outside. The sky was clear, and the sun shone through the barracks windows. Koga was taking one of the evening naps he would always take when he was bored or wanted to pass the time. Today, Koga was going to do one of his favourite hobbies. "It's about that time!" He said as he hopped out of bed and grabbed a net and his pouch from under it. "Net, check! Pouch, check! Big ass sword that cuts everything up? CHECK!"

Miri (Mop girl) would peek into the knight's barracks. "Oh, you're up! I was coming to wake you!" said Miri, carrying her pouch.

"Sup Miri! Are you ready to go?" Koga asked.

"Yeah!" She replied with a nod.

"Oh, how could I almost forget!" said Koga. He blows his thumb and fingers into his mouth, whistling. Trevor, Koga's pet beetle, came flying from his side of the bed and landed on his shoulder.

Koga and Miri walked down the stone halls together. Koga was in a pleasant mood as he hummed to himself happily. Besides napping, eating pudding and going on random adventures, finding cool-looking insects was at the top of his list. All he could think about as he made his way to exit the castle was finding the best-

"OH HEY KOGA!" said Turbish, calling out to him. He and Mertz walked over to Koga and Miri. "What are you up to?"

Koga flinched and turned to Turbish angrily. "Wouldn't you dorks like to know?" He asked aggressively.

"Where are you going with the mop girl?" asked Mertz, curiously.

"None of your business?" said Koga, scowling. "As you can see, I am in the middle of important business. So, if you will excuse me!"

"Byeeeee!" said Turbish, waving at them.

Koga and Miri walked out of the castle and into the courtyard. Koga regained his cheerful thoughts as he thought about his insect- "Hey, Koga!" said Elfo, calling out to him. Koga flinched again and turned to see Bean, Elfo, and Luci walking over to them. "Oh, it's the three stooges..." said Koga.

"Sup Koga!" said Bean, smiling. Her smile faded when she looked down at Miri. "Oh...mop girl?"

"It's Miri," She replied irritably.

"Where are you two headed off to?" Elfo asked.

"Koga and I are going out bug hunting," said Miri.

"That sounds incredibly boring..." said Luci, looking disappointed.

"Can we come?" Elfo asked.

"Why?" said Koga, raising a brow.

"Because we're boooored!" The three of them said.

Koga rubs his face and sighs. "Fine..."

"WOOHOOO!" said Bean, elfo and luci.

...

The group entered the enchanted forest, and Koga and Miri examined every little spot they could reach. Bean, Elfo and Luci watched the two rummaging around bushes and looking around trees.

"If you guys wanted to find bugs, you should go into Elfo's room. There are tons of bugs in Elfo's bed," said Luci.

"HEY! I can't help it if I attract bugs sometimes!" said Elfo, glaring at Luci.

"We're looking for exotic bugs, not bed bugs," said Koga, annoyed as he continued to look up at the trees.

"We're looking for horny bugs?" asked Elfo.

Koga groans. "No...not erotic...exotic! Exotic bugs are unique, rare bugs with really cool patterns on their bodies," He explained. "Like Trevor right here." Koga's pet beetle flaps his wings excitedly.