The Princess, The Elf, The Demon, and The Wanderer Part 8

"Freya, come on!"

"SHUT UP!"

"You can't be mad about it forever!"

"WATCH ME!"

Bean, Elfo, Luci, and the Defense force soldiers, rode on their horses back Southwold. Bean and the others were in the back watching Koga and Freya argue. While riding with Sophie, Fergus had his eyes closed as he rested softly. However, he let out a small chuckle as he listened to Koga and Freya. Sophie giggled as well. "My goodness, those two haven't changed at all," She said. "This is the most energized I've seen Freya in a while."

"What do you mean?" said Bean turning to Sophie.

"Freya was well...still Freya, but she wasn't social," said Sophie. "She spent much of her time with Barbara helping her out in the inn when she wasn't doing anything with the defence force." 

Archie began to snicker. "I guess seeing her childhood crush brought back her spirits!" He chuckled.

"WHAT WAS THAT, ARCHIE?" Freya turned her to face him with a death glare.

   Archie gasped, "N-Nothing! I said, childhood friend! YEAH, FRIEND!"

Koga looked at Freya and smirked. "So you missed me, huh?" He said playfully.

"One more word out of ye, and I'm going to knock your head off!" Freya threatened while pointing her finger at Koga.

"So, what's your name?" Sophie said to Bean.

"Oh, my name is Bean," Bean replied. "This is Elfo and Luci,"

"HI, I'm Elfo!" said Elfo happily.

"I just introduced you, Elfo..."

"Sup, Cutie," said Luci with a wink.

  Sophie giggled. "My name is Sophie! I'm the captain of the archery team for the defence force. The goofball over there is Archie!" She gestures her head towards the crimson-haired boy with freckles.

  Archie waves his hand at Bean with a beaming smile. "Greetings!" He said cheerfully. "I'm a part of Sophie's team! Although my bow skills could use some work..."

"A LOT of work!" Sophie teased.

"Get off my back already!" Archie groaned.

    Bean giggled, hearing their short back and forth. After a while, the party had made it back to Southwold. They were greeted by the town citizens waiting by the forest entrance. Everyone rode past the civilians as they cheered for the returning party. Once they made it to the defence force headquarters

"KOGA! FERGUS! OH, SWEET HEAVENS!" Barbara cried as she wrapped her arms around Koga and hugged him as soon as he got off the horse. "YOU'RE ALIVE! THANK GOODNESS!"

"Yes, the stupid tall bastard is alive!" said Freya as she helped Sophie and Archie get Fergus off the horse. "Should've left him in the forest!" She and Archie, and Sophie helped Fergus back into the building.

  Barbara lets go of Koga and gives him a stern look. "What were you thinking when you ran off on your own?! What if you couldn't handle it on your own? You could've wound up dead!"

Koga waves her down. "Oh, come on, that was easy! Freya's just overreacting! I could've got Fergus back on my own, no problem!"

Barbara shakes her head in disappointment. "You've grown to let all your strength get to your head! Now you're not thinking of anyone's feelings! BAH!" Barbara turns around and storms off back to her inn. Koga watched her walk away with a confused look on his face.