Knight's Festival Part 4

As the next showcasing was being made, Bean, Elfo, and Luci left the bleachers and headed to one of the food stands. Annable had decided to drag Tavish off somewhere, but nobody knew particularly where. Zog had fallen asleep, and his snoring was loud enough for almost everyone on the festival ground to hear. Oona glared at her husband and elbowed him. "W-What? Is it starting?!" He asked, his eyes snapping open, and he quickly looked around.

"Well, well, it seems like you had a pleasant dream, King Zog,"

Zog looked up to the right. His eyes traveled up the outfit of a tall man wearing a long, fluffy white robe. Underneath that was a royal blue uniform, and he wore white shoes. The chest of the blue uniform looked like a six, along with nine combined. His hair was short, blond, and neatly kept. He had a long beard and wore a beautiful-looking crown covered in jewels.

"King Ewan!" Zog gasped.

"Greeting, King Zog," said Ewan. "May I have a seat?"

"Of course!" Zog nodded, and Ewan took a seat. "So eh, King Ewan, are you enjoying the festival?"

"Oh, most certainly," said King Ewan, stroking his beard. "So many twists and turns. It was quite the surprise you knighted Koga the Wanderer."

"Oh yeah, haha. What a great guy he is. He reminds me of myself when I was younger and didn't have a gut."

Ewan laughed. "Ah yes, the days of our youth," He smiled. "King Zog, I came over here to have a moment of your time to discuss your son, Tavish."

"Huh?" Zog placed his eyes on King Ewan. "Oh no, he didn't say anything rude, did he?"

"I haven't had the chance to talk to him. I thought he was over here with Annable,"

"I guess they went off to get something to eat." Zog shrugged.

"The two of them get along well, don't they?" said Ewan. "My daughter is always talking about him back home. Annable seems to love him. Tavish is the ideal husband for Annable."

Zog's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Of course! I don't think I've ever seen a bright child like Tavish. He's going to make a good king in the future, Zog. You've raised him well."

"Well, you know," Zog laughed a bit. But Zog decided to cut straight to the chase. He knew where Ewan was taking this. "So, King Ewan, are you saying that Tavish is the perfect husband for your daughter?"

"Indeed he is. If I can before the festival, I'd love to have a conversation with him!" said King Ewan as he got to his feet. "Well, I should be getting back to my wife now. Till then, King Zog." He bowed to him before he walked off.

King Zog waved at him as he left. He chuckled. "Oh, we're in the jackpot now!" He grinned.

    Elsewhere, Bean, Elfo, and Luci grabbed a bite at the snack stands. Bean headed to the potato stand while Elfo and Luci ate their food. "Sup boys! I'll take one baked potato!" said Bean. While Rupert opened the boiling pot where the potato was, Bean noticed she didn't see Hilda anywhere. "Hey, where's Hilda?" 

Rupert and Tuppence gestured their heads behind them. Bean looked behind the two to see Hilda sitting on a wooden stool, not looking happy. Bean walked over to Hilda and greeted her. "Hey, Hilda, are you ok?" Bean asked her.

Hilda looks up at Bean and her expression changes. "O-Oh, Bean! Hey, how are you doing?" she replies.

Bean walks over to Hilda and leans on the wall next to her. "I'm fine. I thought I'd stop by and see how the stand was doing."