Party at Number One Castle Drive Part 4

Koga's eyes widened as Bean's lips touched his. He was in complete shock at what was happening. He stared down at Bean, seeing her eyes closed as she continued kissing Koga. Koga's eyes darted from the left and right as this continued momentarily before Bean slowly broke away from him. Bean stared into Koga's green eyes. Bean closed her eyes again to kiss Koga, but he stopped her. 

"B-Bean, hold on a second..." He said.

Bean opens her eyes and looks at him. "W-What is it?"

"Uh...let's get you back inside. You're pretty drunk right now, okay?"

Bean looked at Koga worriedly. "D-Did I do something wrong? Oh my god, was I too fast? Here, you can kiss me instead!" She puckered her lips out to him and leaned closer, but Koga would stop her again.

"Bean, no, it's not that," He said.

Bean and Koga looked at each other for a moment. Bean frowned. "I...Koga I..." She looked away from him and rubbed her arm.

Koga sighed and looked away from Bean for a moment, and he glided his hand through his hair. He placed his eyes on Bean and said, "Bean...I...I like you, and I think that you're cool, but...I don't feel...that way about you..."

Bean placed her eyes back on Koga. "I...I...I thought...I mean, I..." She covers her face with her hands. "Oh my god...Oh my god, I just...I just kissed you so suddenly and..." She glided both her hands through her hair. "I...I wasn't thinking I..." She turned away from Koga and walked to the stone railing. She placed her arms on the stone railing and buried her face in her arms. Koga stared at Bean. He stood there as he tried to think of what to say. The sound of cicadas drowned the silence between the two. Koga walks over to Bean and stands beside her. He taps his fingers on the stone railing, still searching for what he wants to say.

"Bean-"

"You were the only guy I ever met who treated me like a person," said Bean. Koga placed his eyes on her. "You didn't try to sleep, flirt with me, or think I'm a helpless little girl they can win over." She lifted her head from her arms and stared at the full moon. She held herself, and she continued to speak. "You aren't afraid to tell my dad off when he deserves it. You're always so cool-headed, and you're just so damn sweet..." She lowered her eyes to the forest below them and softly sighed.

"I didn't know you thought so much of me like that..." said Koga.

"How could I not?" Bean looks over at him. "But...I get it...loving someone like me is too much work..." She looked away from him and focused her eyes on the forest below them. "I'm just a mess..."

Koga takes a deep breath and then exhales. "I'm not good at this stuff. When it comes to situations like this, it's hard for me to talk about how I feel or what's on my mind, but," He stepped closer to Bean and gently placed his hands on her shoulder. "Look...just because I don't feel the same way about you romantically doesn't mean I don't care about you, Bean. It doesn't mean I won't be here for you when you need me or when you need a shoulder to lean on." He placed his hand on her cheek and wiped the tear from her left eye with his thumb. "You might be a lot to put up with at times...but that doesn't stop me from having your back, Bean..." He said to her while smiling warmly at her.

Bean placed her hand on his and softly asked with her voice slightly quivering. "You won't ever leave me, right?"

"I'm not going anywhere..." Koga whispered.

Bean wrapped her arms around Koga's waist tightly and hugged him. She buried her face into his chest, and Koga wrapped his arms around her. Bean chuckles and says, "You say you can't express yourself too well...and yet you have such a way with words. You see why I fell for you so hard?"